VEGETATION MATERIAL

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Prime , thanks for your report - you marked this thread as resolved, did you find a solution for yourself? :) The shadows to me don't look off though, they are just rather smooth, but you can always adjust the shadow sharpness in the atmosphere tab of the Visual Settings too if it's that. Otherwise, can you perhaps let me know what you mean by "weird" exactly, then I could get a better understanding. Thank you so much!

• Prime , thanks for your report - you marked this thread as resolved, did you find a solution for yourself? :) The shadows to me don't look off though, they are just rather smooth, but you can always adjust the shadow sharpness in the atmosphere tab of the Visual Settings too if it's that. Otherwise, can you perhaps let me know what you mean by "weird" exactly, then I could get a better understanding. Thank you so much!

I marked it as resolve because I give up. LOL.
    And I'm sorry because I didnt show you other images that you might get clear picture about what I'm talking about.
    But, I can explain, I use 3D grass, The shadow ( my whole point is on grass ) look very good IF the camera close to the object ( grass ). But when I zoomed out, My grass will look weird, like a very fluffy carpet thing. ( same as Enscape's grass )

The reason I'm not using Enscape's grass because I dont really like it ( look fake ), so I'm looking for alternative way to get realistic grass ( like Lumion's 3D grass effect ). But I still fail. Instead of complaining, I honestly want to thanks to Enscape team for working hard to make Enscape become better and better.. I purchased Enscape since day 1 it release for sale and till now I see very huge improvement. Good job guys.

Btw, thanks for the reply. Highly appreciated.

• Can you share me texture or model of grass that you are using ?

Thanks.

I use 3D grass. I cannot upload my grass model. But I managed to get the download link for you.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.c…-poly-maps-vray-ready-015
    https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.c…-poly-maps-vray-ready-009

It really worth to use on small area and close look. Downside is
    1 - use on large area will cause Enscape lag
    2 - not good if look from far.

But you can try.. if you found a solution ( make em look like Lumion's 3D grass ).. Dont forget to share it.
    Good luck.

• well , how many meters squared u want cover with that hipoly 3d grass ?

i am just curious , because when i put some hipoly trees up to 10 , my scene is going to load for a quite while ..

Normally I want to cover around the house ( personal bungalow / residential ).

The way I use those 3D grass by importing both of the grass as a proxy ( enscape import features ). Then scattering those 2 proxies with 'Skatter Plugin'.. thats all.
    I got no problem if I do that on my RTX 3090 rig.. but if I use my secondary pc which only have RTX 2070 Super.. Enscape start lag a bit.

But since they are 'proxy object'.. you'll be able to hide / unhide by putting the proxy into a certain layer. Only turn em on just BEFORE RENDERING. Mean they always stay in hide most of the time.
    1 - Set the camera view
    2 - Turn grass layer on
    3 - Render

• Official Post

Prime , thanks a lot for your further feedback as well as your kind and honest words. :)

I've played around with the grass in multiple scenes myself and wasn't able to reproduce any major problems, even when the shadow detail was being reduced in rather great distances - it's true that after a certain distance we simplify and even remove some shadows, but it would really be great so see more example of how it looks in your scene exactly Prime , if that is possible.

• Prime , thanks a lot for your further feedback as well as your kind and honest words. :)

I've played around with the grass in multiple scenes myself and wasn't able to reproduce any major problems, even when the shadow detail was being reduced in rather great distances - it's true that after a certain distance we simplify and even remove some shadows, but it would really be great so see more example of how it looks in your scene exactly Prime , if that is possible.

This is my render test for testing the grass. I do place some other plant and tree ( imported model ) into the scene.

• it is impossible in enscape

it is a feature when shadows are erased by distance from camera

ask devs if you dont believe me ....

'IMPOSSIBLE'!!!!!! Waaaaaa!!!!..
    So sad.. enscape now can produce almost high quality rendering.. lighting, reflection, material effect,.etc.. everything look very2 great except GRASS!!!!!!!!
    Waaaaaa!!!!.

To be honest, If render only building ( no vegetation ).. Enscape beat Lumion.

• Official Post

Prime , I may be missing something but the Grass in your last shared rendering looks rather nice - can you let me know exactly once more what is bothering you? Is it the difference in brightness of the Grass over the larger areas? If so, then this may simply be clouds in the sky casting shadows - you can dial down the cloud density whenever you like in the sky tab of our Visual Settings. If that is not what is bothering you, can you briefly describe it with the last renderings as the main example? :)

• Prime , I may be missing something but the Grass in your last shared rendering looks rather nice - can you let me know exactly once more what is bothering you? Is it the difference in brightness of the Grass over the larger areas? If so, then this may simply be clouds in the sky casting shadows - you can dial down the cloud density whenever you like in the sky tab of our Visual Settings. If that is not what is bothering you, can you briefly describe it with the last renderings as the main example? :)

Ok .. I'll try to show you what I mean exactly when I get home.

• I'm no Enscape expert here as I'm new myself - but if I was looking at your shared render, the grass isn't what leaps out at me as the weakest link :) the grass looks OK

Anyway I think it is possible for you to pursue a hybrid option - by firstly experimenting with a modified "grass.png" the file that Enscape uses to populate their grass material and then secondly to combine in your higher poly detail clumps in select "hero" locations only to perhaps achieve the best (or better at least) of both worlds.

You can find the files Enscape uses for their grass and carpet etc. in your Users/Name/Appdata/Local/Programs/Enscape/Renderer/SystemData/Textures/Enscape/Common folder and just have a go at modifying this and experiment with how you can improve the Enscape native grass appearance in relation to performance and then supplement this with your own high poly stuff.

Hope this helps.