Displacemente Problem

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • I have this same issue occuring from time to time. Did anyone figure out what and why? The displacement map for this material worked for a long time, and suddently just decided not to anymore. I can sometimes have a similar issue with transparent materials acting the same way.

Archicad

Currently using the 3.1.0 preview.2 +41763, but this has also been an issue on non preview versions, from around v. 2.7

Graphics driver: version 461.92 Studio Driver

• I am finding displacement gets messed up when a component or group is scaled -1. In that case, Enscape does not respect the direction the surface is facing and instead reverses the displacement. This is a very basic thing rendering packages have resolved many years ago. Please prioritize face orientation over inverted scale. I'm having to go through and convert groups to components so I can use "scale definition" on the object and correct the displacement orientation.

• For a reason not known to me I noticed Disp doesn't work with PNG files no mater if they have an Alfa channel or not.. Disp map should not have any Alfa Channel but there is no problem to treat alfa component as no data part and assign White - meaning no Displacement.

• I'm not sure if I understand what either of you are saying..

Disp doesn't work with PNG files

I exclusively use PNG both as albedo and displacement, and usually have no issues. I have noticed though, that the issue mainly occurs when I use 4k or larger - I usually don't have issues with smaller displacement maps, but I'm not 100% sure if there's a correlation.

when a component or group is scaled -1

As far as I know i've never scaled things in minus, so I don't understand how that should be a problem? Maybe i don't understand what you mean...

• I'm not sure if I understand what either of you are saying..

I exclusively use PNG both as albedo and displacement, and usually have no issues. I have noticed though, that the issue mainly occurs when I use 4k or larger - I usually don't have issues with smaller displacement maps, but I'm not 100% sure if there's a correlation.

As far as I know i've never scaled things in minus, so I don't understand how that should be a problem? Maybe i don't understand what you mean...

I've never experienced this issue -

I just tried using png with and without an alpha channel - no issues.

Can you share the image maps?

• Mads Thats why I wrote "unknown reason".. On my PC I was noticing that I had that problem.. and changing Disp Map from png to jpg was solving it.. It could be that it was an old PC or sKetchup.. I got updated recently and .. actually I have time now.. and upgraded for ENS 3.1 too...

So I guess it was an old software / hardware issue.. Sometimes it is hard to follow updates, and I stick to workarounds which I found.. Its good they improving but annoying too in moments.. Finding every day that staff You havent red yet..