Black or white custom material on enscape asset

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • The short answer:

1. First make sure your asset library is downloaded locally (checkbox bottom right of the asset library (this option only exists for 2.9 and higher)
    2. Now you have two options:
      • You track down the asset you want to edit, and modify the .gltf there (manually change the code). This will change the default asset, but only for people who are linking to this local asset repository.
      • You copy the asset to your custom library. Because you are missing the asset project, you will not be able to edit the asset in the asset editor, instead you will have to do the edits manually with a code editor (like the free and open source "visual studio code"). You will need to make two edits:
        • Update the ID's in all locations (generate a new unique GUID using an online generator like this one: https://www.guidgenerator.com/)
        • Modify the material in the .gltf to an all black/all white material

You can download some sample assets from the webinar here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5z0…WrG3stDViHH4Nor3PGJa?dl=0

It includes both a black and white 'conceptual style' person. I'm a bit short on time atm for a tutorial, but post your questions here and I will try to answer them.

• Thanks for the fast reply!

It is indeed a quite advanced and manual work and I am not sure I will prior it for now.
    It looks it can take quite some time depending on how many assets one want to adapt.

But thanks for the detailed steps, it's always good to know one can find the information if one need.

A good alternative would be a future development of Enscape, with a selective material override filtered by Enscape category and tags.

One would be able to choose a black (silhouette) or white material based on Enscape category and tags that already exist.
    One could have everything textured but render people and cars black, for instance.

• Material overrides on assets would indeed be nice.

But in the meantime: it only took me about an hour to make 30 conceptual people. So once you've figured out one, the others will be very very quick.

• Pieter, have you already made a tutorial on this? I will try first replying on this Thread since I haven't found a current one for this issue.

Your explanation sounds very simple, I hope there is enough interest to invest your time in doing a Tutorial. My goal is to be able to override a lot of assets in one Scene (i.e. with Wood optics) to be able to create a "Physically built Model" kind of Rendering. Similar to the Model studies by Chris Precht from Penda. https://www.precht.at/theflexiblebauhaus/

Thanks in advance!

• I'm afraid I don't have a ton of free time atm to write up a detailed tutorial. Also, I imagine that the tutorial might become obsolete quite quickly as asset overrides have been requested so many times by so many people that I would be surprised it wasn't introduced as a feature at some point.