Place & Rotate of Assets in SketchUp

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Is there a feature in SketchUp that when you place an asset it will allow you to rotate it without having to return or close the asset window, click the placed asset - then rotate? I think Vectorworks did allow you to place and rotate, so I'm not sure if it is program's default or a setting that can be added to Enscape's assets. Thanks!

• Hi Xel

This is indeed possible in Vectorworks.

However, we are just using the CAD native tooling, we did not add anything in any CAD in that regard.

So it highly depends on the CAD and SketchUp does not offer the same functionality there unfortunately.

• Welcome to sketchup... the software of choice if you must do work arounds and many clicks for many simple things.

There is a plugin / extension called Pivot around Axis kind of does what you need after the fact but not at time of placement.

If anyone knows how to uniformly scale something in sketchup when its handles are outside the viewport, id love to know. (basically trying to scale and rotate trees that are on the edge of the frame)

• Welcome to sketchup... the software of choice if you must do work arounds and many clicks for many simple things.

There is a plugin / extension called Pivot around Axis kind of does what you need after the fact but not at time of placement.

If anyone knows how to uniformly scale something in sketchup when its handles are outside the viewport, id love to know. (basically trying to scale and rotate trees that are on the edge of the frame)

Thanks guys for the info! I appreciate it.