3.0 time of day problem

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • For my first video with 3.0 I wanted to do a simple shadow study on a garden design tracking the sun across the garden from morning to evening, it's just two key frames, but I can't seem to set them at different times - when I make one 6am/10pm they both become 6am/10pm. What am I doing wrong?

• Official Post

For my first video with 3.0 I wanted to do a simple shadow study on a garden design tracking the sun across the garden from morning to evening, it's just two key frames, but I can't seem to set them at different times - when I make one 6am/10pm they both become 6am/10pm. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a chance that you're trying to edit the time in two overlapping keyframes? At the moment, different times are not possible when that is the case, but you can ever so slightly move one of the keyframes and hit the "Update" button, afterward it's not overlapping another keyframe and you can set up the time individually. If that doesn't do the trick, can you briefly send me a screenshot of your keyframe timeline? :)

• Hello Demian. Sorry for the delay, I must definitely be doing something wrong. I created two key frames at opposite ends of a garden starting at 05:00 and finishing at 22:00 - or that is the plan, if I change one they both change. I've done loads of videos in the 2.7 version without any problems like this. I simply select a keyframe, it tells me which I have selected (1/2 or 2/2), I alter the time then press "update", but it changes them both! It's driving me crazy and I realise it must be me or everyone would be going nuts.

• I am having a similar problem. I only have 2 keyframes, the first set at 7am, the second is set at 9 pm. The sun stays at 7 am and does not move until 90% through the animation, and then rapidly switches to 9 pm at the very end. There is no smooth linear progression with the sun animation, but the camera animation works well. I have checked for overlapping keyframes, and there are none.

• Official Post

Grizzler , Susannevdv and icarumba , thank you all very much for the additional feedback - just to make sure is there a chance you could please try our latest preview, as it contains fixes for this specific area as well, especially Grizzler since I've tried to reproduce that particular problem in preview

• Grizzler , Susannevdv and icarumba , thank you all very much for the additional feedback - just to make sure is there a chance you could please try our latest preview, as it contains fixes for this specific area as well, especially Grizzler since I've tried to reproduce that particular problem in preview

Good and bad news. I can now alter the time of day of individual keyframes, but I can no longer alter the duration between them

• Hi, I am having issues with the keyframes and time of day. I want the time in Keyframe 1 to be 5pm then in keyframe 2 to be 2pm and keyframe 3 to be 10.30am. ie going back in time. it all works then it get night time for about 2/3 seconds and then morning. what is wrong. i have deleted all time stamps and reapplied them but it is still not working.

• Eric,

I am experiencing the same thing... To me it seems like the clock CANNOT go backwards and is going THRU MIDNIGHT back to the 2pm.

I posted this elsewhere in the forum... Hopefully there will be some resolution to this..

I recall that this worked as I expected in previous versions. Actually I know it did... as I had a saved path that worked, then all of a sudden starting showing the DARK SPOTS...