View distance is changing light calculation (only wide angle lens works)

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • During testing new clipping plane feature of Rhino I run in the issue, that the view from far distance cause a wrong light calculation.

shot from near distance and wide angle - anything is fine, like expected from the interior shots without clipping plane

shot from far distance and normal lens length - light calculation is simplified and looks wrong

I understand that the light calculation is simplified in far distance, but I hope it can be optimized so that this issue will not visible anymore. At the moment tele lens can't be used without to destroy the lighting.

tele lens shot

• Official Post

Hi Micha, if your field of view is narrow (long focal distance) the camera distance to the project is greater compared to having a wide field of view, which in turn results in some simplified light calculations like you've mentioned. We're busy trying to find solutions for this, so thanks a lot for your feedback and patience!