Using the web link viewer (ie https://api2.enscape3d.com/v1/view....) - blurry portions of the real time render

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

I have been using the web viewer the last few months with great success on a desktop mac. Recently, I started getting blurry sections of the Real Time render that seems to be associated with Palm Trees. I have attached a screen shot of what I mean.

That is rather strange - is there a chance you could send me the link to the web standalone for troubleshooting?

• Thank your the response. Here is the lInk:

https://api2.enscape3d.com/v1/…d9-4c18-acb8-7e65fb83ee98

Since my machine use to run just fine using Firefox and Safari, I have since reformatted my entire drive and reinstalled every thing but am still getting the same result. However, I have tried other Macs at my house and they seem to work just fine in terms of the render fuzziness. So, perhaps there in issue with my graphics card.

However, the only other issue I get on all the Macs I have tried is now an error message in Firefox that says "A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do?" This message started at the same time as the fuzz rendering and does happen other machines as well. I don't otherwise have any issue with my intent speed, I typically get 60 - 80 Mbps when I test with fast.com.

Best,

Tom

• Official Post

ttolless , thanks for your patience. Since I could not reproduce this issue at all (blurry leaves), it would definitely be great if you can also send us a feedback report, and include a link to this thread for reference in the submission form too.

"A web page is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do?" - regarding this problem, it may be trivial but are there any other applications perhaps running alongside which may also eat up some performance? Does this also occur when using Chrome for example?

• Hi Demain. Thanks again for getting back to me. II tried to do a feedback report, but since I am only using the web links or a VR .exe, I don't see how I can get access to the Feedback button?

I did some additional testing today, see the results below.

Summary:

a. Some issues seem to be related to the “weight” of the 3D Model (ie more fuzzy trees with April Model and than with Jan Model)
    b. Some issues seem to be specific to Macs vs. PC (but small sample size…)
    c. Some issues seem to be specific to my older but strong Mac (III below)

I have received three different versions of the model in Jan, Feb and April. The first two rounds used to work perfectly on my older desktop Mac with Firefox (I also eventually got Safari to work after getting it to support WebGL 2.0) Sometime in early March that changed. To me, it felt as thought something changed on the Enscape or Cloud side, or perhaps with my Internet, though I checked it frequently with fast.com and speedtest.net (16ms ping, 50 - 80 Mbps download, 10 Mbbps upload)

Now - I get Fuzzy trees in all three browsers with all versions of the 3D model. Virus? Graphics Card? Bad Memory?

Today, I tested three desktops here at home.

I. Desktop Gaming but older PC:
    Worked great for web and separate VR .exe. no hiccups. No fuzz. Used Chrome. All smooth. Loaded fast.

II. Brand new iMac
    Worked fine in fire fox - no fuzziness. But get hiccups in the display during Fly Arounds with Jan and Apr models. No wait errors when loading however.

III. My Older but very solid IMac- Details below - (specs - 3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 Late 2013 running MacOS Catalina v10.15.)
    Chrome; Jan MOdel - less fuzzy just one palm tree. No hiccups. No “stop or wait warnings” April Model - much more fuzziness. No stop or wait. All trees vibrating. No ’Stop or wait” warnings. Fly arounds not as smooth but no complete pauses.

FireFox Jan Model - still wait error.. Just one fuzzy area that moves as your rotating but in line with one palm. Hiccups and pauses.
    April model - wait errors, long load time. Lots if fuzziness. Fly sounds not too bad but some long lockups or pauses

Safari Jan Model - long load time. Never completely loaded. I could fly around ok but no trees loaded nor did most of the buildings.
    April Model Loading not too bad, no wait errors. But part of model switch in and out as I move around. Trees fuzzy. Errors include “mouse pointer is hidden"

Thanks again,
    Tom Tolles
    • Official Post

ttolless , pardon for the time it took to reply back!

So, if you cannot send in feedback (since you do not have Enscape installed additionally) you can gladly go into detail what Mac machine(s) you're using exactly on which these issues occur - I suspect that on those machines on which this occurs the graphics performance may simply not be enough and thus you run into such behavior. If you can let me know a bit more about the specific models, I can also check them out.

And since you asked, it could boil down to the graphics card (or low performing Intel CPU), perhaps even corrupt memory but it should not be caused by a virus. ;)

Thanks a lot again in advance.

• Demian,

Sure I can send the specs but - After about two months, actually Enscape seems to be back running back to normal. I have not changed anything. I am no longer getting blurry trees and while the movement may not quite as smooth as it was, it isworking well in Safari and Chrome on my desktop. Firefox not as well as it used to. I have no explanation in that I have not changed anything on my side.

Attached pls find the specs of my older Mac that generally back to working just fine.

Best,

Tom

• Official Post

ttolless , thanks for your reply once again! Well, then I am glad to hear though that this issue has been resolved for now - perhaps some macOS updates did the trick or similar? Anyway, if you run into any odd behavior again in the future let me know please Tom.

• Hi Demian,

Well I have done some more research because the some trees are causing problems again. While the blurry areas are still gone, some trees are rendering white not green (they are green on a windows machines) and the camera motion tends to stutter when moving around the site.

I went to the apple store here in Santa Barbara as I was considering upgrading my nice but old iMac (see attached specs in "Tom's Current Mac.jpg"). I tried running Enscape web browser on two of their most powerful IMacs and got the same albino trees and stuttering motion when moving around. The first machine I tried was their brand new top of the line 24" iMac that uses the new Apple M1 Chip with 8-Core CPU and an8-Core GPU:

https://www.apple.com/imac-24/specs/

The second machine I tried was their top of the line 27" iMac with these specs:

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy…boost-up-to-5.0ghz-512gb#

• 3.8GHz 8-Core Processor with Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz
    • 512GB Storage
    • Retina 5K Display
    • 3.8GHz 8-core 10th-generation Intel Core i7 processor
    • Turbo Boost up to 5.0GHz
    • 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory, configurable up to 128GB
    • 512GB SSD storage¹
    • Radeon Pro 5500 XT with 8GB of GDDR6 memory
    • Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
    • Retina 5K 5120-by-2880 P3 display with True Tone (optional nano-texture glass available)

These tests at the Apple store used the same link that I have tried at home so while I believe that the problem is not related to my personal home machines or network, it could be related to my actual Enscape project:

https://api2.enscape3d.com/v1/…1b-4703-81fe-191f94b3185d

I recently talked to a landscape architect who uses windows machines at work with no problem. The architect also has a Mac for his personal work but cannot use the Enscape Web browser on that Mac and instead will remotely access their work machines instead. He has used other projects (but not mine) so perhaps the issue is somehow related to Mac computers in general?

Thank your for your attention to these issues.

Best,

Tom