View management

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hi,

I'm struggling with the new way of managing views and attaching presets to the view.

By upgrading to the version 3 we lost the easy view management... You can't link enscape presets to the sketchup scene, unless you create a view from inside the enscape preview window, from the enscape "view manager".

But if you create the scene from enscape's view manager, you lose the section that was defined in the sketchup scene

So if you select the view in the EVM, you have the presets linked but not the sketchup section activated

If you select the sketchup scene, the presets are not updated in the render window

Another thing is that you can't edit an existing scketchup scene in the EVM and all scene are out of the view manager file list... as if it was not part of the file

• Hi Bkhr

I tested this in both our 2.9 and 3.0 version, and this behavior hasn't changed it seems.

If you are able to have the section cut be visible in our created scene, could you tell me the steps to reproduce this?

Regarding not being able to change a scene within our view manager, I will forward your vote for this feature request.

• Just about to post about the new View Manager.

It takes about 5 clicks to go back and forth. And this is every time when viewing the project. Using the Hoy Key "F" is a bad workaround. Each Time I press the VP has to recalculate and for extremely large scenes I can see this becoming an issue.

The 2.0 series of Enscape used the side pop out - this was way more effective and less clutter to the VP. It allows for quick access without disruption or change. How can we get the side tab back?
    I see in what looks like the 3.0 VP it's there but I don't in my interface.

• Official Post

Thanks a lot, jtubb , you are definitely not the first to ask for this functionality back. I've forwarded your upvote and feedback as well. For now, the favorite views tab is only still available in .exe standalones.

• I agree that the previous ux had a few benefits over the new version. For me that doesn't necessarily mean bring the old system back, but perhaps improve the current design to bring back some of the benefits of the old system:

- The thumbnails make it easier to find views

- I agree the view list is a bit cluttered. Maybe showing the icons on the same line as the view names would help.

- Not reloading geometry unnecessarily was a big plus of the old system

• Official Post

I agree that the previous ux had a few benefits over the new version. For me that doesn't necessarily mean bring the old system back, but perhaps improve the current design to bring back some of the benefits of the old system:

- The thumbnails make it easier to find views

- I agree the view list is a bit cluttered. Maybe showing the icons on the same line as the view names would help.

- Not reloading geometry unnecessarily was a big plus of the old system

Noted, thank you Pieter as always.

• Official Post

Mentioning this here as well: While the other feedback is still noted down too, the ability to disable the automatic geometry reload with each view switch will be added with a further update soon. Stay tuned!

• Official Post

Hi

Is there a way to get back the thumbnails to views on the new version? if not, at least a way to jump to views faster the way the thumbnails used to work?

Thanks for your question!

Currently, the thumbnail view is only available in .exe standalones.

But, you can simply use the PageUp / PageDown buttons on your keyboard to switch between views. I hope that helps, and let me know in case anything else comes up.

• If we're talking about views, why are they now ordered alphabetically and not by scene order? like they were in 2.9 (or lower).

My scenes are:

• Hall, Lounge, Kitchen, Dining, Family, Landing, Bed1, Bed2, Bed3 and Bath. ie the route around the house.

but the Enscape views are sorted:

• Bath, Bed1, Bed2, Bed3, Dining, Family, Hall, Kitchen, Landing and Lounge ... Upstairs, Downstairs, Upstairs, Downstairs ... all the visual flow is destroyed.

This makes navigating around my models damn awkward, I have one particular site model with over 100 scenes, Finding a particular view in the list is now a hunting exercise, and forget PgUp/PgDn to navigate around a site, I'm thrown from one side of the site to another.

• Official Post

Paul Russam , I'm very sorry to hear about that - I know this is not an ideal workaround but, you could export the model into a standalone .exe and then rename the views with the visual help of the thumbnails. Would you prefer to have this reset to how it was before, or would you at least like the option to also have views in alphabetical order? I'll then forward that as well of course alongside your initial post.

• Official Post

Has this feature be implemented where we can not reload geometry on each view change?

Not quite yet I'm afraid, but it will be with a preview soon or Enscape release 3.2 - Stay tuned and thanks for a bit more patience.