Lighting a Large Area

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello all,

I am working on a small stadium project and am trying to produce a night rendering with the field and stands around it lit up. I modeled in some traditional stadium lights as the source of the light. Within each light I painted the interior surface an emissive white material. This seemed to work well to light up the field in the preview, however when rendered the image ended up with sort of a grungy look to it. Can't share the full image, but here is a portion of it to get the idea of what I am talking about.

Not sure of how to fix this, and was wondering if anyone has ran in to this problem before and found a workaround.

• Hi,

I think rather than emissive material painted inside those light models you would be better using an array of Enscape Spot Lights.

Emissive Materials are good to make something look like it is a light but they are not designed to illuminate something far away.

Use Enscape Objects to add spot lights. If you copy the first one you add then the others will have same properties when you adjust beam angle, power etc.

Hope this helps.