Enscape encountered an error during rendering. it is using your GPU from NVIDIA

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hello there

i keep getting this error message soon as I hit the video render, it was working fine till a day before, i did render few but then all of sudden this message "Enscape encountered an error during rendering. it is using your GPU from NVIDIA" kept coming and i couldn't render any more and I'm using a

asus Tuf ryzen 7

gtx 1660ti

16gb ram

could some one please help me out

thanks

• Hi yaz

Please make sure you are running the latest Enscape version and that your graphics card driver is up to date.

If the issue persists, and to help us understand this better, please send in feedback via the Enscape Feedback Button.

Please also add a link to this thread in the description.

• It really depends on having updated drivers I think.

I'm using 3.0 with an AMD Radeon Pro WX7100 GPU and just released drivers for a full week now and SketchUp/Enscape is working like a swiss watch.

Maybe Nvidia need to update their drivers for Enscape 3.0?

• Same problem here but is not tied to hitting any render buttons- seems random. Only started with latest 3.0 release update. Of note- I think the pop-up message/crash happens after closing Enscape and reopening while in working in an open SU model. Maybe opening/closing/opening Enscape causing problems. I do this instead of pausing rendering sometimes, just to save system resourced while modeling in SU and using other windows programs in my workflow.

Latest SU 21.0.391 and latest Enscape 3.0.0+39546. GTX 1080ti.

• Official Post

To anyone experiencing any issues with our latest preview or release, please kindly send us a feedback report as mentioned by my colleague Rick above - that would be very helpful. Through the log files and machine info we can figure out the exact cause behind this while avoiding any guesses. :)

• To anyone experiencing any issues with our latest preview or release, please kindly send us a feedback report as mentioned by my colleague Rick above - that would be very helpful. Through the log files and machine info we can figure out the exact cause behind this while avoiding any guesses. :)

Sent. Can we look at the logs ourselves? Where are logs stored? It hasn't happened in a few days and I don't know how apparent the crash will be in the log if it's been a while.

Update: Looking in the %appdata% on Windows 10, there are multiple log .txt files for different dates. So whatever I sent just now likely doesn't have that crash data in it. Also a few .dmp files in there from different dates.

• Update:

BUG SPLAT is happening too. Seems to be tied to opening/closing Enscape within the same SketchUp modeling session. Reopening Enscape just now while modeling and it stuck on loading (blue new Enscape logo splash screen) and then BUG SPLAT after a few minutes of trying to load. I have submitted a ticket and am in contact with Enscape support via email but want to note it here as well.

• (will send feedback) - update - however it is also crashing when sending feedback.

I did finally get a render out when emptying the scene of all out of shot complex models, restarting windows and lowering the settings. I'd rather i didn't have to do all that though

• I'm in contact with support via email and am updating my progress here for those interested.

They asked me to load the test project file in the downloads section, run it on HIGH instead of ULTRA and also to reduce my textures in my models for "optimization" in my models.

I can reliably and easily reproduce the crash by opening, closing and then reopening Enscape in the same SketchUp session. No other settings matter.

• Official Post

Thanks a lot, everyone for sending in feedback accordingly. In most cases like these, a dedicated report is the best way to troubleshoot the cause behind this issue as quickly as possible ismayilov750 .

• it is not working here - just updated.

I also tried the preview version

using sketchup pro 2019

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

Intel i7

Crashes every time I render. same NVIDIA/GPU issue. In addition, the report won't send and wastes inordinate amounts of time freezing the program - I need this fixed. I have a deadline

• Official Post

If you haven't already, please still send us a dedicated feedback report so that we can troubleshoot the cause behind this. You may in the meantime also try disabling RTX Raytracing in the Performance tab of the General Settings. But, through the dedicated report we'll be able to give you a more concrete solution or explanation to your problem.

• Thank you very much for your reply - I was able to get the render done by deleting chunks of complex geometry from areas not in the shot. I will make a report when I have time.

Also - I know this has been mentioned elsewhere: Please cache thumbnails for the entire asset library on my computer. They need to be reloaded each time I scroll. This is not feasible, especially where I am in China as we frequently have VPN issues when retrieving data from international servers.

• Official Post

Thank you very much for your reply - I was able to get the render done by deleting chunks of complex geometry from areas not in the shot. I will make a report when I have time.

Also - I know this has been mentioned elsewhere: Please cache thumbnails for the entire asset library on my computer. They need to be reloaded each time I scroll. This is not feasible, especially where I am in China as we frequently have VPN issues when retrieving data from international servers.

Indeed, that has been requested just a while ago here too again - I have also gladly forwarded your feedback!

• I'm still having the same Issue Every time I render and both Enscape and SketchUp closes same time, it dsn't allow us to send a report so I had to manually find the log and sent you, still waiting for a reply. Initially used 2.9 version and then re installed 3.0 versons.. but same error soon as I hit the render.

config :

asus Tuf ryzen 7

gtx 1660ti

16gb ram

please assist me if there is a way to manually change the gpu to Enscape, tried few from YouTube, still problem exist.