Enscape Crashing when making a render scene

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I have been using Enscape with Revit successfully for some time now.

However in the past couple weeks, Enscape continously crashes and exits when i try to make a render scene.

I am using the latest Enscape, and Revit 2021.

Anyone out there have any idea what is going on here? I have not changed any computer settings.

Nvidia Quadro gpu.

I've followed the Enscape gpu setting tutorial exactly and that didnt fix anything, and the settings were proper anyhow.

Any help is welcomed and appreciated.

Thank you!!

Dave

• Hi Dave - I would reset all of your visual settings back then to the default value and then start to increase the size of the export to the desired value. You may not have changed the computer settings but the project could've also become more complex. As entourage and complexity increases the demand for memory increases on your graphic card.

Also go to your Enscape feedback button and submit a feedback report. This will allow the support team to see your computer settings and possibly have a closer look and identify what's causing the crash.

• Thanks Phil!!

You may be exactly correct here.

I've opened up other building models and rendered scenes with no problems.

Then i go back to the file im having trouble with, which has become one of those old revised, revised, and revised again interior models that i've imported many custom lights, furniture, etc... and the revit file is quite messy perhaps. Something in the past few weeks has made the revit file in question quite complex and Enscape is having trouble rendering it.

Im making a clean new revit file, and then going to copy paste only the building elements i need into the fresh file from the old and see if i can leave the problems behind in the old file.

I'm going to try this strategy before i mess with settings since everything has worked great up until a few weeks ago with this project.

Thanks, I'll update the post if this fixes the problem.

Dave

• Hey Dave – do you have any 2DDWG files cluttering the project? I found that these can create memory issues but they never get rendered in Enscape. You might also try to purge your Revit file and see if that gets rid of a problem.

• Hi Phil,

No, i have removed any linked CAD files and purged and compressed the file nicely.

Enscape did just email me with a response to my issue. Apparently it is within Enscape and they are working on a fix. In the meantime the work around is to use scope boxes to reduce the items factored into the render, and then if that doesnt work to reduce from Ultra to High resolution. So far using the scope box to narrow down the model to only what i need has worked this morning. I also turned off the outdoor landscaping assets since in dont need them for the interior render scene.

Perhaps there will be an update to Enscape soon to fix the bug.

Thanks for your responses, as they are also very reasonable items to address for any modeling regardless of any bugs in Enscape.

Dave :thumbup:

• Thanks Shahin,

I do have 64 mb RAM and the processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz

My GPU is an NVidia GTX 4000

Im not thinking that i have a memory problem, at least not in the PC anyway...... ;)

• Your computer has memory but your graphic card also has memory. The 64gb of RAM that you reference is your computer memory. NVidia GTX 4000 graphic card has 2gb of memory.

Enscape is very GPU dependent and requires a discreet graphic card with at minimum 2gb of RAM. I would suggest a graphic card with a minimum of 8gb of RAM and preferably the Nvidia RTX 2070 / 2080 as a minimum.

Here's a benchmark comparing your graphic card to the Nvidia 2080 RTX.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/…idia-RTX-2080/m7693vs4026

The NVidia GTX 4000 has only 2gb of RAM which is the functional minimum. I suspect this is the bottleneck. Your graphic card is running out of memory resulting in the crash.

• I do have 64 mb RAM and the processor is an Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9880H CPU @ 2.30GHz

My GPU is an NVidia GTX 4000

Can you clarify the GPU? "GTX 4000" isn't really a thing. A "Quadro 4000" would be really old, and doesn't fit with the 9880H (which is a mobile chip, assuming you are on a laptop?)

I'm guessing it's a P4000, or RTX4000, which should have 8GB of VRAM and be sufficient for most projects. You can check your GPU usage in Task Manager and see if you are bumping the limit.

• I have the RTX 2060 6 GB with 16 GB RAM on my personal computer. Enscape crashes a lot on High and Ultra when I click render

• I have the RTX 2060 6 GB with 16 GB RAM on my personal computer. Enscape crashes a lot on High and Ultra when I click render

The last i heard back from Enscape is that they are aware of the problem and hope to have it fixed.........

Apparently we are not the only one having the issue.

Cheers.

Dave

• Official Post

The last i heard back from Enscape is that they are aware of the problem and hope to have it fixed.........

Apparently we are not the only one having the issue.

Cheers.

Dave

This may very well be resolved with the latest hotfix coming out later today, but as Phil mentioned above too, 2GB of VRAM is really the bare minimum we recommend although when it comes to larger or more detailed projects those 2GB may (and pretty likely will) not be sufficient in the long run.

• Official Post

Thanks, looking forward to the hotfix.

I have 8gb video ram, Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000.

I see! You wrote GTX 4000 in a message before so that was causing some confusion. :) Then in this case you should be good to go with the update later!

• Official Post

Thanks, looking forward to the hotfix.

Welcome to our Forum.

Our latest 3.0.1 hotfix has already been released. Give it a try if you haven't yet of course.

• Hi,

I have the same problem, it just keeps crashing.

I have the latest version of Enscape 3.2, the latest version of graphics driver. An Nvidia Quadro RTX3000

And it still keeps crashing when Rendering on highest setting. I cant even send a report because it stops responding :/

• Official Post

Hi,

I have the same problem, it just keeps crashing.

I have the latest version of Enscape 3.2, the latest version of graphics driver. An Nvidia Quadro RTX3000

And it still keeps crashing when Rendering on highest setting. I cant even send a report because it stops responding :/

Welcome to our Forum!

In this case, please kindly submit a Feedback Report as detailed here:

https://enscape3d.com/communit…sing-the-feedback-button/

Thank you very much in advance.