FASTER browsing asset libray thumbnails please

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Also had the Assets being slow, Gig connection download with 40mbit upload... I can download 60Gig updates for Warzone game in an hour... why would this puny handful of gigs take so long??

The Task manger is showing the Bandwidth utilization... it is in the mid 200kbps to 300kbps... nothing else uploading or downloading... is this a CDN issue? Somebody mentioned tracing the download to Amazon Web Services servers? hosting has costs I guess...

Same behavior before I had to upgrade my PC cause Enscape kept crashing it... no solution... Enscape Still crashes the new PC...a whole nother story... don't get me started. I appreciate the work done by Enscape team.

Some basic things are not working as well as they could.

Could there be a standalone installer for the whole library (or a "Download All Assets" button so that we can all move on with our lives without having to leave Enscape up and running all night (assuming you have a monitor with resolution high enough to show all thumbnails to display, cause if the thumbnail is not shown it only downloads the currently displayed thumbnails) trying to download the library???? It could validate the license before extracting/installing... or something.

Reverse IP Lookup to the two IPs SketchUp.exe is receiving packets from shows the following (yeah, yeah, I'm an IT guy, don't argue with me... mmm k?) just tryina help here, one is Amazon AWS and the other service, also hosted at Amazon AWS or related to Amazon.inc, shows as Cloudfront.net:

......compute.amazoneaws.com:

cloudfront.net:

Just looked at this AWS troubleshooting link: https://aws.amazon.com/premium…t-slow-downloads-uploads/

I have a 2.5gig capable router at home (not the average home router) with 1gig download speed and 40mbit up... PC with 2.5gig network card... AMD 5900x GTX 3090... 64gig ram... 2TB Firecuda SSD... US California (that's as close as I will disclose on a public forum).

I just found that trying the offline files downloads the files just a slow, but without having to scroll over and over again... by the way. "Offline Enscape Assets" checkbox at the bottom right corner...

Speed test is (while watching hulu/Youtube and downloading Enscape Assets):

• Official Post

Thank you very much everyone - I will discuss internally as to why there may be such slow connection problems when it comes to downloading the Asset Library for offline use, or even the slow loading of images here in the Forum.

Product management is also now aware of the request to have more, or a more direct warning message before the corresponding location where the Assets are being been saved is cleared.

Finally, while we always recommend acquiring the Library offline for basically instant thumbnail loading, I will also forward once more that there is a need to have an additional solution alongside to help with faster loading even when it's not available offline.

• Could there be a standalone installer for the whole library (or a "Download All Assets" button so that we can all move on with our lives....

This would be great, make the library install a completely separate process. From inside Enscape, the options would be "use online library" or use offline assets, and point to a location. Updating happens elsewhere.

Product management is also now aware of the request to have more, or a more direct warning message before the corresponding location where the Assets are being been saved is cleared

Belaboring the point here, but I think the ask is to not need the warning - to not have the folder cleared at all. If new assets are available, just download the new content. If the assets have been updated due to scale issues or whatever, just overwrite the old ones without deleting everything.....?

• Belaboring the point here, but I think the ask is to not need the warning - to not have the folder cleared at all. If new assets are available, just download the new content. If the assets have been updated due to scale issues or whatever, just overwrite the old ones without deleting everything.....?

THIS. 100%.

• Official Post

Our developers have been made aware that there should be a more direct warning presenting itself before the corresponding path location is being cleared - thanks for the input, I appreciate it and agree!

• Our developers have been made aware that there should be a more direct warning presenting itself before the corresponding path location is being cleared - thanks for the input, I appreciate it and agree!

The big issue here is that the folder chosen should not be wiped in the first place. I've never seen such behavior on any application.