Revit API error

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Saw this problem occur again yesterday (March 15);
    Revit 2023.1.1

Enscape 3.4.3

Seemed to be when loading a family into a Revit model, while Enscape window is open.

Actions taken: updated Enscape 3.4.4, restarted computer.

So far, it has not occurred again yet. But this is the same process we took last time (update Enscape, restart computer), and the problem was not really fixed.

• We are experiencing the same problem with several users at the studio. The error message below comes up frequently.

They are running the latest builds for Revit and Enscape.

The latest graphics card drivers have been installed.

We have started Revit in Safe Mode to check for conflicts with other Add-Ins.

We have rebooted the PCs.

We have also used Enscape's Feedback tool but only got an automated reply.

Has anyone found the solution to this problem?

Can Enscape's Support help, please?

Thank you

• Since updating to Enscape 3.4.4 - has the issue repeat so far?

• yes.

Users are running Enscape 3.4.4

I have updated Enscape to 3.4.4 and the issue persists. The issue usually occurs when loading families into the model. The model itself is not heavy (350Mb). White Enscape is open it has been paused so it doesn't slow the workload. The computer itself has been upgraded recently to a high spec . I do not understand why this issue still occurs. Can someone please help?

• Official Post

I have updated Enscape to 3.4.4 and the issue persists. The issue usually occurs when loading families into the model. The model itself is not heavy (350Mb). White Enscape is open it has been paused so it doesn't slow the workload. The computer itself has been upgraded recently to a high spec . I do not understand why this issue still occurs. Can someone please help?

I appreciate the reports, allow us to look into this once more - Meanwhile please also definitely submit a feedback report each including log files: https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…sing-the-feedback-button/

Doing so only takes a few clicks and it may be rather useful for us for further troubleshooting. Let me know once you've submitted them as well please so I can check them out right away myself.

• I appreciate the reports, allow us to look into this once more - Meanwhile please also definitely submit a feedback report each including log files: https://learn.enscape3d.com/bl…sing-the-feedback-button/

Doing so only takes a few clicks and it may be rather useful for us for further troubleshooting. Let me know once you've submitted them as well please so I can check them out right away myself.

Just sent - let me know if you need anything else. Thanks

• hello Damien thank you for your reply.

The users have sent the Feedback along with the LogFiles but all they received so far was an automated reply asking to check if they were running latest builds + graphics drivers and test opening Revit on Safe Mode. Like I mentioned above, we have did all those checks and the problem persists.

Is there anything we might need to look at?

Thank you

• Official Post

Thanks a lot. At this point the automated reply can be ignored of course, I appreciate the cooperation. I'll get back in case I require any further information or such.

• Official Post

Hi, any update on this?

We haven't yet resolved this issue, so it might take us some additional time to provide a solution. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as our developers have an update or if we need your help in further troubleshooting, since we haven't been able to reproduce the problem on our end at this time.

Furthermore, you mentioned you've submitted a report which I unfortunately cannot locate via the e-mail used in this Forum - Could you kindly share the e-mail with me which you've used to submit said feedback report? Via a private message is fine for confidentially reasons.

This way your report and those of others who experience this can be used to troubleshoot this further. Thanks a lot in advance, I appreciate the cooperation!

• We haven't yet resolved this issue, so it might take us some additional time to provide a solution. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as our developers have an update or if we need your help in further troubleshooting, since we haven't been able to reproduce the problem on our end at this time.

Furthermore, you mentioned you've submitted a report which I unfortunately cannot locate via the e-mail used in this Forum - Could you kindly share the e-mail with me which you've used to submit said feedback report? Via a private message is fine for confidentially reasons.

This way your report and those of others who experience this can be used to troubleshoot this further. Thanks a lot in advance, I appreciate the cooperation!

Hi Demian, the report was submitted through Enscape with log files as instructed.
    Thanks for response.

• Official Post

Hi Demian, the report was submitted through Enscape with log files as instructed.
    Thanks for response.

Thanks a lot, sorry for the confusion but in this case there was an e-mail used for that feedback report, which would be ideal to know so that I can easily locate said report. :)

Could you share that e-mail with me if you recall? Otherwise you can also briefly submit a fresh report and let me know the e-mail used thereafter?

I'd appreciate it! :)

• Thanks a lot, sorry for the confusion but in this case there was an e-mail used for that feedback report, which would be ideal to know so that I can easily locate said report. :)

Could you share that e-mail with me if you recall? Otherwise you can also briefly submit a fresh report and let me know the e-mail used thereafter?

I'd appreciate it! :)

I'm unable to share email as I do not receive a copy of the same. I've submitted feedback report again with my name "Edelita" on the tittle for easier visibility

• Official Post

I'm unable to share email as I do not receive a copy of the same. I've submitted feedback report again with my name "Edelita" on the tittle for easier visibility

I got the report, thanks a million! As mentioned I will get back to everyone here in case of any further news to share hopefully soon.

If there is anything else that comes up in the meantime please also let me know.

• I got the report, thanks a million! As mentioned I will get back to everyone here in case of any further news to share hopefully soon.

If there is anything else that comes up in the meantime please also let me know.

Hi Demian, this issue keeps happening with many different revit versions and I'm constantly losing work. Could you please advise? It has been a number of weeks since our first contact.

I have sent another feedback with log files under my name but is the same issue at all.

Regards,

Edelita

• Hi Demian, this issue keeps happening with many different revit versions and I'm constantly losing work. Could you please advise? It has been a number of weeks since our first contact.

I have sent another feedback with log files under my name but is the same issue at all.

Regards,

Edelita

And it happened again - sent another feedback with log files

• Official Post

Hi Demian, this issue keeps happening with many different revit versions and I'm constantly losing work. Could you please advise? It has been a number of weeks since our first contact.

Regards,

Edelita

I actually just wanted to go back to as it would now be ideal to receive the project of yours alongside (350 mb) just so our developers can try reproducing this accordingly, as we've unfortunately been unable to before - We were in touch with another user who wanted to submit their scene for testing not too long ago, but unfortunately we haven't received it yet, so your cooperation would be highly appreciated here.

You can make use of any upload-service of your choice or simply try wetransfer.com which is also free.

If there is really no way what so ever to share the scene due to confidentially reasons or such, let me know, but receiving it should be rather helpful.

jagostinhoCT , the same applies to you if possible, if there is any scene you can share with which you experience this then that would be great.

A link to the scene can also be sent via direct message of course for confidentially reasons.