New Preview Version

• - The web standalone really needs exposure control within the web interface. And I know it's still a WIP, but the reflections just being 'horizon/sky' is a bit annoying.

The web standalone will get the same user interface than the executable standalone, including a settings window.

• it is originally part of the Archmodes vol. 171 pack from evermotion, that i've manually modified and converted to sketchup and enscape use :-)

https://evermotion.org/shop/sh…/archmodels-vol-171/13123

Hi Herbo. I really appreciate your work and i have been actually learning a lot from it, so thanks for that :). I have been having some problems modifying evermotion trees to work in sketchup and enscape. So i was wondering if you can share your workflow of modifying/converting evermotion trees to sketchup and enscape. Thank you

• Hi Herbo. I really appreciate your work and i have been actually learning a lot from it, so thanks for that :). I have been having some problems modifying evermotion trees to work in sketchup and enscape. So i was wondering if you can share your workflow of modifying/converting evermotion trees to sketchup and enscape. Thank you

Hi yehia  :-)

Thank you very much! what i typically do, is use the software called "simlab composer", which has ALOT of great import an export functions. It can basically convert everything directly to sketchup :-) If i have an obj-file, i open it in simlab composer, re-apply the textures (which I typically reduce in size, and save as jpg's before), and then export them as SKP files to use with enscape :-) if i need to reduce polygons and stuff like that, i use software like blender (free), but it is a bit more cumbersome :-)

• hi, im testing the new version and found some issues.

the mirror and chrome got a smear effect, showing false shadows and reflections like black lines.

the vr plugin for exported exe is not working, when i check the vr button the autoexecutable get out.

important to check the shadows on little elements like sofas , lamps and other things... in real life you see a little shadows in the floor , but in enscape this objectes in some cases seem to float because there are no shadows when i got an indirect light reflection. if i put the sun or an enscape light impacting direct whit one object i get the shadow, but if an indirect light is impacting the object i dont see the shadow. this thing could add more realism to interior the renders.

• Herbo thank you so much! Well i actually use simlab composer, and sometimes when i import an obj file or a fbx file it comes in without the textures. So i export to sketchup and then re-apply the textures in enscape, and i always face a problem with the UV mapping.

Does an obj file store the uv texture coordinates and you simply re-apply the textures/shaders in simlab composer?? And do you also remap or edit the uv texture coordinates manually??

I also started using speedtree based on your recommendation (ill keep the speedtree questions for another thread:)), and this workflow works perfectly with it. So i wanted to know how to make use of the libraries out there instead of building my own tree every time :).

• Herbo thank you so much! Well i actually use simlab composer, and sometimes when i import an obj file or a fbx file it comes in without the textures. So i export to sketchup and then re-apply the textures in enscape, and i always face a problem with the UV mapping.

Does an obj file store the uv texture coordinates and you simply re-apply the textures/shaders in simlab composer?? And do you also remap or edit the uv texture coordinates manually??

I also started using speedtree based on your recommendation (ill keep the speedtree questions for another thread:)), and this workflow works perfectly with it. So i wanted to know how to make use of the libraries out there instead of building my own tree every time :).

If you re-apply the textures (only diffuse, NOT bumb ect...) in simplab composer before exporting to sketchup, it should work perfectly! In simlab all the uv mapping are preserved, and when you export with the diffuse-texture re-applied it shows up as it should in sketchup. And from here you can simply apply the bumb, specular and so on directly from the material editor :-)

Hope that helps! i'm looking forward to seeing the results! :-)

• I have tried the previous version and the latest (2.4.0) and I am still unable to get the Web standalones to render. I get an error message or just the horizon to render. I have tried Firefox & Chrome. It said Edge and Explorer are not supported. I have been reading the forum and it looks like it was an issue for some people in the previous release. If I am dong something wrong can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

System-

Titan X

64 GB RAM

Internet +/- 100 Mb/s

• Hey SSB1995 , I'm sorry to hear about this problem. Maybe you could share the actual project with us which doesn't get rendered in the Web Standalone? That might be rather helpful. Also, could you please share the corresponding link to access the Standalone as well for further troubleshooting purposes?

Thank you in advance. :)

• Hey SSB1995 , I'm sorry to hear about this problem. Maybe you could share the actual project with us which doesn't get rendered in the Web Standalone? That might be rather helpful. Also, could you please share the corresponding link to access the Standalone as well for further troubleshooting purposes?

Thank you in advance. :)

Hi Demian,

We're having exactly the same issue:

Really basic file - just a few walls - all I see in chrome is the sky and horizon.

Link: https://api2.enscape3d.com/v1/…c0-45e5-afa7-a487d156eab6

Interestingly I get the same if I click on any of the web links earlier in this blog?

• nothing special just used used a light grey/silver colour on all faces of the walls(inside and out), change the opacity of that colour to about 20%. Then use a brick texture on the walls where needed.

I tried to setup the invisible wall backside at Rhino, but don't get it. Did you get this effect at the standard Enscape output too or only at the web export?

• Hi all,

Been messing around with the web standalone for a while and was really struggling to get anything to work. Images was always ultra exposed. Tried reducing the sun, exposure, ambient light etc without success.

This morning I tried turning off auto contrast in the enscape settings. That appears to be the culprit! If anyone is struggling with whiteout images try turning off auto contrast in image settings.

I may be late to the party here so apologies if this is already common knowledge!

• fyi: in the last few preview releases it takes a long time to create a 4k image with Ultra quality

- it takes about 20 seconds before it starts rendering

- it takes about twice as long as it used to for the rendering itself

when you render 'window' size or with draft quality it's a lot better.