I have a model that is now getting quite 'old' ie. project began in 2019 and has been through multiple versions of Enscape. Now upgraded to the latest (3.0.1)
It's moderate complexity with some big pieces of geometry as disjoint meshes in rhino - 1gb file.
There are also some NURBS elements that were exported from Revit. Also a fair few assets that were placed from earlier version of Enscape 2, etc, so it's been building up over time.
I've got a decent laptop and spinning around the Enscape model is smooth with everything turned on / full settings, even in VR.
I'm noticing that 3 actions take significant time to complete:
- Turning layers on and off in Rhino and updating the Enscape view - 2 - 5 mins
- Changing named view from the Enscape view management toolbar - 2 - 5 mins
- Rendering a view (even if it's only HD) - 5 - 10+ mins. The 'export image' progress bar stays at 0% for like 10 mins and then takes 10 seconds to actually render.
I don't remember these things taking this long in Enscape 2 with the same model.
Things I tried:
- SelBadObjects in Rhino to clean out bad geometry - a few things popped up and I deleted them and purged the file. (seemed to make a bit of an improvement.)
- Turning off everything you can't see (no change?)
- Meshing some big objects (ie. city model) (no change in Enscape but speeds up rhino)
- Hiding all Enscape assets (slight improvement maybe related to less complexity though?)
- Making sure Enscape material textures are mapped to a local file location (we use a cloud server usually) (no change?)
- Some textures were large at around 5000 x 3000px jpg - tried turning those materials off (no change?)
Can anyone suggest anything else to try here? This led to a pretty long day yesterday and I'm trying to fix before the next round of updates.