Export panorama direct to a folder?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hi Jorgensen, thank you for your request! The default folder in which panoramas get saved upon creation is C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\Documents\Enscape\Panoramas. Do you wish to export panoramas to your own defined folder instead? :)

• I agree: Why are they treated any differently from flat images? Or when you save camera paths?

Personally I think that the default save path for everything should be the same path as the model. After this, you can change it from here or append another folder (eg <path>/images/ or <path>/panoramas/)

• Official Post

Hi Micha and Gadget, panoramas are not saved in the same default location as screenshots since panoramas are saved as .xml files. This file format provides us with options to save further information like, among other things, the date of creation, the corresponding URL if the panoramas have been uploaded to our cloud, proof of ownership as well as the camera-position.

• Hi Micha and Gadget, panoramas are not saved in the same default location as screenshots since panoramas are saved as .xml files. This file format provides us with options to save further information like, among other things, the date of creation, the corresponding URL if the panoramas have been uploaded to our cloud, proof of ownership as well as the camera-position.

:D So both keyframe information and panoramas save their info in XML files... along with camera position etc. hmmm... I wonder what else could benefit from this approach? ;):P

• Official Post

Hey Micha , renderwiz and Jorgensen , your requests have been filed and forwarded to our developers. Thank you for the feedback! ;)

• Official Post

I'm not interested in uploading panoramas. My client's don't want to know her work at cloud and internet. Sounds like a horrible security issue. Please allow to save an image to the hard disk only like known from Vray.

Micha , when you create panoramas, they are only saved locally as .xml file. You can then click "Save panorama to file ..." to save it as an image file and they are only uploaded if you click "Upload panorama to cloud":

:D So both keyframe information and panoramas save their info in XML files... along with camera position etc. hmmm... I wonder what else could benefit from this approach? ;):P

Gadget, the ability which would allow you to link multiple panoramas to create an interactive web walk through is on our agenda which you can check out here. ;) Perhaps this is what you're referring to?

• Official Post

Hey Jorgensen , you have access your "My Panoramas" window first, click "save panorama to file ..." and then decide which image format you want to use:

Panoramas are not automatically saved as an image file, they are only stored as .xml files under C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Enscape\Panoramas.

• Jorgensen How do you imagine a more userfriendly model? In my opinion it's very userfriendly, to have a handy preview of all your panoramas and even being able to jump back to the same position?

If you see it as a one-time export (get the image file, do whatever you like with it, forget about the panorama in Enscape) then I agree with you about being a bit tedious. I'm still trying to understand what you really want/need. Would it be a start to select multiple panoramas, being able to click "save to folder" and save them all into a single folder. Afterwards you can click "delete" and delete them all with a single click, the files stick around.

• From my point of view a 'panorama' is the same as a 'scene' except you can look around:

Panorama features they can take from scenes:

- single click to export the panorama image like a static image.

- save time/sun positions and other settings

- add to the 'favorites' list

Scene features they can take from panoramas:

- thumbnail dialogue of scenes with options (*)

- option to upload images directly to the cloud

- sort images by date

* I think this would be a useful tool - a 'pop-out' favorites dialogue... a cross between the settings, my panoramas and my favorites lists:

(for example...)

)

• From my point of view a panorama is an image only. I use Pano2VR to create executable swf panos, some times linked to tours. I need the panos at the project render output folder. Maybe we could get two functions for the pano button - pano to xml and pano to image. At Rhino buttons allow to set two functions - LMB and RMB.

• "How do you imagine a more userfriendly model? In my opinion it's very userfriendly, to have a handy preview of all your panoramas and even being able to jump back to the same position?"

You need to understand our (my) workflow.

- i generate the panorama images in enscape

- i copy them to my phone

- at the customer i insert my phone into the hmd (homido grab)

- i hand the customer the hmd, and he can see all the panoramas just by pressing a button

no internet needed, no moving to back to same position needed. i don't even need a pc.

It's acually quite simple. For me the panoramas are just like the "normal" screenshot - an image.

- export

- select the folder

- option to name the exported images the same name as the view (not need to have, but nice to have)

I really don't need any build-in features in enscape - all i need is the panorama images, which i send or bring with me to the customer.

Customers don't like the idea that their projects are on the net.

I hope this description is ok, else i'm more than willing to clarify :)

Jorgensen

• Official Post

Gadget  Micha and Jorgensen , you're being heard and the mentioned feature request which has been filed received further upvotes. ;)