Water material does not export MATERIAL ID OR OBJECT ID.

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape (including installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed here. Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

Race Padilla , that is at least how it's designed at the moment - if you like I can gladly forward your wish to include material/object ID's for water as well. May I also briefly ask what your use case would be, then I can add that as well to the request. :)

• +1

I would ask a similar request for glass, or at least an option to have glass show up in Material ID.

When doing post work on exterior architectural renderings generally I want to select all "glass surfaces" and hardly ever do I want to select "random interior material I probably didn't even bother assigning carefully"

• Has this been added to Enscape or at least the roadmap? Ignoring glass for the ID channels is one of the biggest headscratchers I've encountered. Of all of the things you want to be able to quickly select in an exterior view, glass is probably number one. So why exclude it? At the very least can we get another ID pass of just the glass?

It looks like this feature has been asked for a while now. I wouldn't mind if Enscape 3.4 was nothing but a large quality of software improvements update and no new features were added.

• If you really want this, then material/Object ID is probably not the right route.

The issue is the ID pass is a solid and currently ignores transparency. Maybe a toggle, but the issue I see is if you have a transparent object and it is enabled then you won't get IDs for anything seen through the glass. Now for better results you need 2 outputs for each ID to get most of the IDs, but would fail still if you have multiple transparent objects lined up.

True break out of the render data using something like Light Path Expressions is probably the best approach.

-Eric

• Official Post

Has this been added to Enscape or at least the roadmap? Ignoring glass for the ID channels is one of the biggest headscratchers I've encountered. Of all of the things you want to be able to quickly select in an exterior view, glass is probably number one. So why exclude it? At the very least can we get another ID pass of just the glass?

It looks like this feature has been asked for a while now. I wouldn't mind if Enscape 3.4 was nothing but a large quality of software improvements update and no new features were added.

It is not on our roadmap currently, but this is a topic I'll gladly discuss again with PM accordingly - I'll let you know more in case I have further news to share soon.

• MatID and ObjID, as well as Multi-Matte ID and render object ID, work perfectly with glass/transparency in Vray. So now that you are combined with Chaos Group, can you see how they can get it to work. Glass in exteriors is probably the most selected thing object in any visualization. The individual objects behind the glass are easily the least important items to be able to select.

Lumion can also do correct ID passes with glass. Fully functional render ID passes is the core of any arch viz rendering tool, so this is something that should be a priority. It seems like every feature you add, that's the version that is final and it's forgotten. You keep looking forward to new shiny things, but you are ending up with a software that is getting more and more half baked.

I know comparing Enscape to other software is like playing "Keeping up with the neighbors" but the hard reality is that we constantly evaluate software against other competitors. If our team of visualizers have to manually select glass in post when using Enscape versus another software that provides an easily selectable ID for glass, it's a an easy decision as to which software to keep purchasing licenses for.