Poliigon Perforated Metal Material SketchUp to Enscape

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I downloaded a perforated metal material from poliigon. It came with the following files:

AO.jpg

COL.jpg

DISP.jpg

DISP16.TIF

GLOSS.JPG

MASK.PNG

NRM.JPG

NRM16.TIF

REFL.JPG

I am not sure which of these files to put where in the enscape material editor. I have been going one by one with no real success. Any guidance would be great.

• Col = color = albedo = diffuss

Disp = displacement (height)

Gloss = Glossiness (roughness but inverse)

Nrm = normal (height)

Refl = reflection

IF you go for a close UP render, use displacement, but if you are rendering a wide scene, use Nrm @ height

• Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, it wasn't really the info I was looking for. I know what all of the file types are but, I'm not sure what goes where to make the material from poliigon look the way it should. Should I use the mask file at all? And if I do where does it go? Albedo, texture? I'm not sure what combo of files and their placement would give me the correct results. I've attached what the material should look like.

• Looks like he maybe downloaded the specular workflow option - looking at that shader on the website, the specular workflow albedo is very dark, so would need to be inverted to get a close result. Guessing he just used the AO instead as it would be very white and would suit Enscape's shader. Better off downloading the metalness workflow option download though.

This has also meant instead of the roughness option, he's using the gloss map (which is why the finish is so matte rather than the preview's finish). Again, this could be inverted, but better off using the proper roughness map in the metalness workflow. This shows how Enscape is so adaptable - doesn't matter what you have, just as long as you know how it can be arranged to get a good result.

• Looks like he maybe downloaded the specular workflow option - looking at that shader on the website, the specular workflow albedo is very dark, so would need to be inverted to get a close result. Guessing he just used the AO instead as it would be very white and would suit Enscape's shader. Better off downloading the metalness workflow option download though.

This has also meant instead of the roughness option, he's using the gloss map (which is why the finish is so matte rather than the preview's finish). Again, this could be inverted, but better off using the proper roughness map in the metalness workflow. This shows how Enscape is so adaptable - doesn't matter what you have, just as long as you know how it can be arranged to get a good result.

i agree.. good explanation! thanks