Burnt areas at the intersection of two different surfaces

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi!

I have a problem and not sure what is causing this thing. In a lot of cases, whenever two or more surfaces intersect each other, In Enscape preview and then render, there are appearing small burnt areas along geometry. Did you happen to encounter this problem already?

Attached screenshot:

• Official Post

Hi!

I have a problem and not sure what is causing this thing. In a lot of cases, whenever two or more surfaces intersect each other, In Enscape preview and then render, there are appearing small burnt areas along geometry. Did you happen to encounter this problem already?

Attached screenshot:

What you are seeing there are so-called light leaks. Please check out this FAQ article for some potential workarounds:

Why do I see a light glow in areas without any gaps?

And let me know if that doesn't help. :)

• Hi!

Attached screenshot:

It usually happens when the thickness of the object is too small, with simple planes or when you have a bright light on the other side.

Usually increasing the thickness or adding a black box outside, on top of your surface will solve it.

• Official Post

It usually happens when the thickness of the object is too small, with simple planes or when you have a bright light on the other side.

Usually increasing the thickness or adding a black box outside, on top of your surface will solve it.

Spot on!