Enscape Engine question

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I'm doing some research into the function of current-day render engines. I have grown to really enjoy Enscape and its current abilities. From what I understand about the engine is a bit of a hybrid of raster and ray-tracing. Is this correct? If so what aspects are raster or ray-traced? I'm sure there are some articles and if so please point me in the direction.

Cheers!

• Official Post

Great question jtubb - it is indeed a mix and when it comes to making use of RTX technology, and it's currently "only" used for reflections and GI (Global Illumination). We plan to add ray-traced shadows next, so stay tuned!

Also, at least for now no specific blog articles for example that go into greater detail - might be worth considering of course especially once more and more RTX features are being added.

• Overview. Enscape uses ray tracing for its real-time rendering, and almost all the calculations that Enscape performs are being handled on the graphics card (GPU).

• Official Post

Overview. Enscape uses ray tracing for its real-time rendering, and almost all the calculations that Enscape performs are being handled on the graphics card (GPU).

So far lighting, shadows and such are not yet ray-traced, but will pretty surely be in the future. But yeah you are correct, almost everything is handled GPU side. ;)