Materiality on SketchUp face me components

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Hi josephkim626 , since SketchUp itself doesn't allow the assignment of materials to "face me" or "always face camera" objects in general, Enscape will probably not be able to just bypass that I'm afraid.

• Not sure if I am understanding this Demian Gutberlet.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I sure can apply the materials to 'face me' type of components.

Do you mean that SketchUp itself does not allow materials in regards to APIs?

• Official Post

Then, I'm not entirely sure what your request is unfortunately, do you perhaps just wish to have the transparency get translated into Enscape? If that is the case, then again, your request is on our agenda but we cannot yet give you an ETA to when this will be implemented I'm afraid.

• Hi Demian,

I was just replying to you comment:

...since SketchUp itself doesn't allow the assignment of materials to "face me" or "always face camera" objects in general...

and prove to you that SketchUp does allow the assignment of materials to the 'face me' components.

do you perhaps just wish to have the transparency get translated into Enscape?

Yes, I want the transparency to be translated.

I understand I can change the color, but no transparency can be applied.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for ensuring me that this is on the agenda. I understand that you cannot provide any ETA. I just needed to know if this hasn't got lost.

Also, I had faced one occasion where I needed to have emissive material onto people, but also had realized that it isn't possible.

Maybe this can be added to the same ticket if it isn't too tricky in terms of development.

• Official Post

Hey josephkim626 my dearest apologies, I wasn't able to immediately understand that this request was just for the transparency values. Your feature request has of course not been lost, no worries, and I'll further add the request for emissive material support into it as well! :)