PC & Graphics Cards

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Hi all,

We ar elooking to buy a few new PCs int eh office to run ArcihCAD/ Enscape & just wondering what everyone is using?

Enscape website suggests the following:

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070/Quadro RTX 5000 or an AMD equivalent GPU with at least 8GB VRAM

However, in my experience something much more powerful would be required.

Would be great to get some feedback on specs of what others are using with success.

Thanks,

Wade Stephens

Rachcoff Vella Architecture

• Official Post

Wade Stephens , both the RTX 2070/Quadro RTX 5000 are really decent picks when it comes to using Enscape fluently. But, it also depends on the size of the project, the complexity, and the question is also, do you plan to use Enscape VR.

If you have the budget, something like the RTX 3070 and upwards would of course provide a more future-proof built and will be fully capable for VR purposes.

But, even with the cards mentioned prior the experience will still be very decent even with VR when the Rendering Quality may be dialled down. This is generally always something which can be done - reduce the Rendering Quality when navigating, and increase it again when rendering videos, screenshots, panoramas etc. :)

Hope that helps!

• Thanks for this very helpful, It is taking me awhile to piece together all the information & even more difficult sources parts at the moment.

I wanted to ask, do you see much difference in performance between the RTX4000 & RTX5000? The reason being, the RTX4000 is half the price, but I do like the idea of the RTX5000 as it's a 16GB card.

Thanks, Wade

• We have a RTX2070 and I have to have all the RTX features off simply because I hit the roof of 8GB on the card with it on and Enscape crashes.

If it wasn't for the ridiculous pricing of cards we'd have replaced it with something with more ram sometime ago.

Other than that the 2070 is fine and it renders incredibly fast, the only time I experience problems is, as I mentioned with RTX on.

• Official Post

Thanks for this very helpful, It is taking me awhile to piece together all the information & even more difficult sources parts at the moment.

I wanted to ask, do you see much difference in performance between the RTX4000 & RTX5000? The reason being, the RTX4000 is half the price, but I do like the idea of the RTX5000 as it's a 16GB card.

Thanks, Wade

The RTX5000 really is quite a step up to the RTX4000 - as mentioned by Paul above my reply, things can get a bit tight especially in larger/complex scenes with 8GB of VRAM and RTX enabled - if you have the budget, definitely go for the RTX5000. It's simply the superior card that will be more capable of running Enscape.

We have a RTX2070 and I have to have all the RTX features off simply because I hit the roof of 8GB on the card with it on and Enscape crashes.

If it wasn't for the ridiculous pricing of cards we'd have replaced it with something with more ram sometime ago.

Other than that the 2070 is fine and it renders incredibly fast, the only time I experience problems is, as I mentioned with RTX on.

The shortages and price scalping is indeed just horrible. ?(

What I wanted to ask though is: Do you experience any improvements when using 3.1 now with DLSS enabled? Since that reduces the internal resolution that then gets upsampled, Enscape will be easier on the VRAM. Does it not make a difference in your case?

• Official Post

I tried it when I 1st installed 3.1 (I skipped 3.0) and it still crashed for me, I was on a bit of a deadline so didn't have the time to test, I try again asap.

I'm sorry to hear that - I'd love to see if things improve on your machine, which should be the case, so if you require any help with installing 3.1 let me know any time of course. And as always, if you experienced a crash, please also send in a Feedback report. Perhaps you've done so already?

Definitely cannot hurt at all to also make sure you're running the latest NVIDIA drivers.

• Official Post

Just tested on my current model, it's not a super heavy one so it's not hitting the 8Gb ceiling but ....

• RTX Off: 4.6Gb of 8Gb used on the 2070 (Without RTX.jpg)
    • RTX On: 5.2Gb used (With RTX.jpg)

Not what I'd call 'easier on the VRAM'

What I'm further curious about though is if you will also experience crashes and what the VRAM usage would've been before, since you said it hit its 8GB limit, but of course you may be referring to a different project. Alongside, DLSS will also definitely offer improved performance overall, so I hope that will be noticeable to you at the very least.

• Official Post

I'll load up one that I can 'probably' guarantee will crash and do feedbacks with both RTX on and off.

I'll try and do it lunchtime(ish)

No rush of course :) - looking forward to the results.