Skybox with Enscape Sky

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I really like the feature to Import your own skybox into your modell.
    It makes it more realistic! :thumbsup:

Unfortunately you always have the same sky, so you can't render your building at sunset or at night. :(
    My idea was to cut out the sky from my skybox, so maybe the "Enscape sky" would appear and I could generate my clouds, sky colour ...

But it's not working. The background of the picture now is just white, no matter what time I set in my project.

Maybe there's a way for you (in the future) to include a feature, to show the Enscape sky, when there's a transparent background of the individual skybox. :thumbup:

• Official Post

Hey thenewless so you basically just want to have the lower part of your own skybox visible in Enscape, meaning the sky section will be cut out and replaced by our own Enscape sky? Also, "The background of the picture now is just white, no matter what time I set in my project" so you've been using a white skybox, correct? :)

• "so you basically just want to have the lower part of your own skybox visible in Enscape, meaning the sky section will be cut out and replaced by our own Enscape sky?"

Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

For that I used a Skybox and cut out the sky. So basically there was transparancy (TIFF). I hoped Enscape would put it's own sky behind the picture :D

Skybox1 Shows what sky I wanted to have
    Skybox2 Shows what I got :D
    (Not a nice cut out but it was just a test :D)

• Official Post

Hey thenewless , I've gladly filed it as a feature request. Just to make completely sure, you are aware of our "Horizon" "Preset" which you can select? This will already partly offer you what you're looking for, but there is of course currently no way to add your own preset, just making sure you are aware of this feature. :)

Also, please be aware of the "Sun" slider in the "Atmosphere" tab. This will allow you to control the intensity of your sun, so you might be able to adjust your skybox accordingly to render your project with a "sunset-style".

• Just to make completely sure, you are aware of our "Horizon" "Preset" which you can select? This will already partly offer you what you're looking for, but there is of course currently no way to add your own preset

We've added our own custom horizon presets. You just need to drop it in the right folder and Enscape reads it! :) We love it. The only downside is that the folder is on the user local path (cannot be on the server) so you have to copy the same file to all the users who are working on the model.

• Official Post

Pieter haha, yeah you're right, there is actually a way but it's not particularly "user-friendly", but glad to hear it partially works for you. :)

• I wish we had a setting where we could add a path somewhere so that Enscape could look at a shared server location for things like this), but other than that it's perfect.