Light object within Enscape Light asset

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi,

I'm having an issue with the asset lighting in Enscape. I've illustrated the problem below.

Basically when I use a globe or spotlight object in the global model (i.e. not within a component or group hierarchy) it works fine, however as soon as I put that light object within one of the Enscape asset lights (such as the brass wall light shown), the light object no longer works at all. It's not within the glass bulb etc.

This basically renders the Enscape Asset lights completely useless if I want them 'on'. Can anyone help?

Specs etc. below.

SU version: 2021

Enscape version: 3.02 +44009

PC Windows 10

i9-9900x

rtx 2080ti

64GB Ram

• Official Post

BGBUK , I've tried placing a spotlight source in the lamp at hand as well but could not reproduce your problems:

Also, have you made sure that you did not increase the "Beam Angle" too much? Or otherwise asked, if you lower the Beam Angle does the spotlight become visible?

If that doesn't help, you may gladly send me just that part of the project briefly and I'll try to reproduce it on my machine as well.

Thank you in advance!

• Demian Gutberlet OK Thanks- can you PM me your email address please? The WeTransfer link asks for it.

Just to be clear - it doesn't matter whether it's a spotlight or a globe light- if it's placed inside the Asset component, it doesn't work. Am I missing something to do with the Asset lights themselves? I can't find any settings for them as such, they just appear to be geometry?

Thanks.

• Demian Gutberlet OK Thanks- can you PM me your email address please? The WeTransfer link asks for it.

Just to be clear - it doesn't matter whether it's a spotlight or a globe light- if it's placed inside the Asset component, it doesn't work. Am I missing something to do with the Asset lights themselves? I can't find any settings for them as such, they just appear to be geometry?

Thanks.

Correct, you can't just double click inside the Enscape proxy asset in SketchUp and add a light source. It needs to be placed outside the asset component instance, and then you can create a group/component out of that for multiple instances/copying. This is specific to the way an proxy component works- it's a stand-in, not actual geometry.

I'd like to see Enscape work on ways to get on/off lighting controls into their asset library.

• I'll just pass this along here in case you haven't seen it before. Lots of light fixtures in here that you can use more like the way you are used to, as they load into SU as full geometry. They are pre-set up for use in Podium, so you'd need to remove the light sources specific to Podium that are built inside them, but that's usually fairly easy to do. You could use outliner to find the nested LEM or Omni/Spot lights for Podium or just easily find them on your own.

https://podiumbrowser.com/

• Official Post

BGBUK , you can send the file via support@enscape3d.com (please definitely mention my name then so I can assign it to myself through that context), otherwise, there is also the option to share a link directly which you can do here in this thread or via a DM. Looking at your setup again I would still like to make sure that this isn't an issue just being caused on your machine. Thanks!