What is the best best VR headset for Enscape and why?

• It's three steps:

1. Power up the controllers
    2. Fire up WMR Portal
    3. Fire up WMR for Steam

I think that's pretty straight forward and easily manageable for average staff. I can't comment on the update side though as we haven't gone through any updates yet.

The Varjo Aero looks great on paper, not so sure about how you want to be able to drive that massive resolution with a single GPU in Enscape though. You might see yourself forced to compromise on either render quality and/or resolution which kinda negates the whole concept in the first place, doesn't it? But maybe Epix 3D can comment on that later. :)

Thanks for your opinion MatthiasL - unfortunately in my experience, needing to fire up two additional programs, while not a big deal to most, can cause hiccups. Not a killer, just another thing to consider for us.

Still curious if anyone has feedback on the Vive Focus 3.

• I've just seen some leaked info about the "Quest Pro" Which appears to be a headset geared for business use - hopefully this solves some of the difficulties with using the Quest 2 for commerical uses.

• To follow up on this thread, we did end up purchasing both a Vive Focus 3 and HP Reverb G2 for testing. My first tests have been with the Vive Focus 3, and I have very much enjoyed the experience. The fit and resolution are both very nice. However, I am having some major issues using it with Enscape based on the controls. Link to thread below, but basically as the controls are currently configured, the only way to move around a model is with teleporting, as the elevation and movement controls are mapped to the inside trigger button on the controllers. Vive Focus 3 VR Controls - Feature Requests & Questions - Enscape Community Forum (enscape3d.com)

• My firm purchased the Vive Pro 2 a few months ago. Our previous PC that we had did not have a RTX graphics card and we ran into serious issues with the overall resolution and experience. Since then we have upgraded to a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 and its a night and day difference. Personally, I do not have another headset to compare it to but the overall experience is smooth and the resolution is now crisp with the new card. Being chorded is not a negative as we want to be with the clients to guide them through the model.

Overall, if you or your firm are willing to spend a little extra on a headset, I would recommend the Vive Pro 2.

• My firm purchased the Vive Pro 2 a few months ago. Our previous PC that we had did not have a RTX graphics card and we ran into serious issues with the overall resolution and experience. Since then we have upgraded to a Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 and its a night and day difference. Personally, I do not have another headset to compare it to but the overall experience is smooth and the resolution is now crisp with the new card. Being chorded is not a negative as we want to be with the clients to guide them through the model.

Overall, if you or your firm are willing to spend a little extra on a headset, I would recommend the Vive Pro 2.

we found going wireless to be quite liberating for clients and ended up with a very different experience. After saying that, the wireless does have some performance issues keeping up with complex scenes that wired did not seem to have..... this only seemed to be with enscape. Very complex game stuff seems to work fine over wireless.

• we found going wireless to be quite liberating for clients and ended up with a very different experience. After saying that, the wireless does have some performance issues keeping up with complex scenes that wired did not seem to have..... this only seemed to be with enscape. Very complex game stuff seems to work fine over wireless.

Yeah wireless is amazing.

The complexity of the scene shouldn't affect the wireless transmission AFAIK, it is essentially a video screen and the headset is "dumb" to this - but it may be an indication that you need to optimise your scene for VR - this is a skill in itself.

Comparing it to a game is probably not so sensible games are magnitudes better optimised from an art/asset standpoint than anything typically done in Archviz. There are certainly things that can be learned from games if VR is your target.

• Looking at the list of supported models from https://enscape3d.com/communit…-virtual-reality-headset/

Oculus Rift is no longer available

Oculus Rift S is no longer available

HTC Vive is no longer available

HTC Vive Pro is out of stock

Samsung Odyssey is out of stock

In this thread I've read positive reviews (thank you, everyone) for:

HP Reverb G2 (WMR),

HTC Vive Focus 3,

HTC Vive Pro 2,

Oculus Quest 2 (not officially supported by Enscape), and

Valve Index.

Are there other currently available headsets that Enscape or the community recommends?

• With the release of 3.3 and/or using our latest preview (until 3.3 comes out in less than two weeks) we generally do recommend the Quest 2. The others you listed (which are available) may work well with Enscape too, it's just that we have less experience with them. Just for your information, especially since the Q2 is just fantastic in terms of price/performance ratio.

• With the release of 3.3 and/or using our latest preview (until 3.3 comes out in less than two weeks) we generally do recommend the Quest 2. The others you listed (which are available) may work well with Enscape too, it's just that we have less experience with them. Just for your information, especially since the Q2 is just fantastic in terms of price/performance ratio.

Thank you Demian. That is good to know.

On the website it still says that the Quest 2 is not supported?

• On the website it still says that the Quest 2 is not supported?

Our developers found a workaround solution to make the Quest 2 work with Enscape 3.3 and current previews, but this workaround is not ideal as it doesn't achieve the quality we want.

This means Enscape is still useable with the Quest 2, but the official announcement and support will be added later on once it reaches its complete form.

• I am having an issue with 3.3. My Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset is not detected when I go to use it within Enscape 3.3. Does anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.

Ray

I am not able to make Enscape 3.3.0 work with Quest 2 via Air-link. It never gets past loading. Anyone else have this issue?

I have to go back to 3.1.2 to get non-jittery images.

With release 3.3 please also now make sure to install and start Steam + SteamVR while we're further working on official compatibility support - Let me know if you get stuck somewhere in the process so that I can assist you further.