Displacement degrading

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • I'm trying to do a rug material and noticed that there is some limit in which I can scale the map using the "Explicit texture transformation" in the map slot.

As you can see in the example bellow, if I change the map repetition from 0.6 to 0.5, the map is completely degraded. It is a 4k height map from Poliigon.

Why does it happen, it is some sort of mipmap runing under the hood?

If I crop the height map image I can get a smaller tiling working properly

Thanks

• Official Post

alexandrecollaco , I was not able to reproduce this behavior in our latest release, so please also make sure you're using that version. :)

Furthermore, which CAD solution are you using with Enscape this time, I reckon Rhino 7 judging by your post history? Also, can you reproduce this issue when using a 2k map as well?

Thanks a lot in advance.

• alexandrecollaco , I was not able to reproduce this behavior in our latest release, so please also make sure you're using that version. :)

Furthermore, which CAD solution are you using with Enscape this time, I reckon Rhino 7 judging by your post history? Also, can you reproduce this issue when using a 2k map as well?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Thanks for the support and sorry, I forgot to put the specs.

Rhino 7

Nvidia - 2080ti

Enscape 3.01

It happens with 4k,3k,2k textures.

It is applied in a simple plane, with a planar mapping off 100 x 100 cm, displacement amount of 0.12.

I'm attaching a texture where it happens, but it happens with lots of textures of fabric.

• Official Post

Thanks a lot for your patience and the further information! Does this happen on any surface as well, I reckon so? I was not able to reproduce it yet I'm afraid, so just because it can't hurt, please also kindly install Enscape 3.02 (this version includes a lot of bug fixes generally) and let me know if that does anything to this behavior at hand. If it does not, as a next step can you just briefly share the project (or a small scene example) with me perhaps? Upload can be done via wetransfer.com for example. :)