Getting Enscape Settings without having to run Enscape

• Hi, with the Enscape 3 update and the new interface, we lost the possibility to see the settings inside a file without running Enscape.

This was really useful when trying to match settings from a previous file, or just to export them. Specially on large and complex files that running Enscape takes some time, so what could be a quick task now it takes way longer than needed.

It seems really important to have it, specially as now any change in settings get saved into the settings automatically, and going to previous files to rescue old settings after test seems to be part on the normal workflow nowadays. I preferred the way it was before that you will have to click save settings in order to keep the changes, but value a lot knowing what setting I'm working on, maybe a getting a pop-up asking to save before changing to a new setting would solve this issue, but this is a different topic.

Maybe someone has found a way of doing this and I'm missing it, but I couldn't find it.

• Rick Marx

Approved the thread.
  • safoga , thanks a lot for your message.

I understand your concern - it may not be an ideal workaround but, you can also save any settings not directly into the project but as a file of course. Those files can then be opened with any text editor. This way you could perhaps edit/view those as well and more easily keep backups without having to start Enscape. As said, it may not be ideal but perhaps still helpful.

Also, quite a few people have already requested to not have the settings saved automatically when adjustments are being made. I have happily forwarded your feedback as well to our product management team, I appreciate the input.

• Thanks Demian, yeah that's what we have been doing, but sometimes (most of the times tbh) you adjust the settings even after you have exported them, and it takes extra time to make sure those were the last settings you were using.

Also, for large files, it used to be really useful to start Enscape in low quality as the start time would be reduced, and then as you make sure you have everything you need, you will incrementally increase the quality. Even though on the new update that initial time has been reduced a lot, it is still something that affected our workflow, so its just a thought. It might be a good thing to at least give the option to start Enscape in a low quality mode, to make the start faster.