Using a gaming laptop for Enscape?

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi! I'm still shopping for a laptop to use with Enscape and other architecture apps. Started looking at gaming laptops.

This one seems great to me but I don't know if there are any gaming computer unique characteristics that would make using Enscape problematic. Here are the details:

**MSI GS66 Stealth 15.6" 300Hz

**Intel Core i7-10875H

**RTX2070 Super

**32GB

**512GB NVMe SSD

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Gronny

• That spec looks fine to me, the term ‘gaming laptop’ is just marketing speak so don’t worry about it. Any fancy lighting it may have can be turned off in which case it’ll look just like a std laptop.

Quite often gaming laptops have bigger heat sinks/cases as they expect gamers to use the machine in a more sustained manner so that’ll be a good thing for you/us as the machine won’t so readily thermal throttle when being used, it just means it’ll be a bit bigger than a std slim laptop. The screen is 1920*1080 which could feel a bit low res but you can always hook up an external monitor with a higher res and then you’ll have a nice dual screen setup.

PS, Why start a new thread? Choosing a new laptop based on NVIDIA graphics card. (T500 vs. P620 vs. T2000)