3.0.1 shutting off desktop

• So...I have a lenovo Thinkstation desktop with plenty of power and ram. It's a dual quad, with 128gb of ram, and a rtx 2060ti card. I'm rendering a pretty sizable file. 4k lossless pngs. When it reaches a certain percentage, my machine switches off. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

• Hi vjaramillo

In such cases, please send in a feedback report via the Enscape Feedback Button, this way we get all the necessary information and an indicator to what may be the case.

Please also add a link to this thread in the description.

• What power supply and what processor? If the power supply is not GOLD rated and with extra watts, that may be it... Lenovo is known for providing just barely OK power Supplies with just enough juice to get through most things OK, but 3D rendering, and bugs in software... can cause it...

Others may suggest you also try FurMark and stress test your system when you get some free time to let it rip for a good, say 20min(?), with settings maxed out and full screen (though it does not support all wide screen resolutions - like 3840 x 1600) but it is a good test...

Also, check your RAM with MEMTEST86... I just had a bad stick of RAM and called in an RMA... my PC was having random restarts also with WarZone... or just any time doing nothing... Shoulda ran it sooner and saved myself headaches...

• Thanks for the replies. It's definitely a hardware issue but not sure what? IT ran all the stress tests mentioned and components are working properly. Not sure how to test the power supply. I ran the same file at same resolution on my Lenovo P52 laptop and it work fine. Slower to save, but no issues. It's funny that the 15k Thinkstation with powerful specs shutoffs after 30-70 percent. 3ds MAX and Corona saving at 5k res...No issues. But then again, Corona is cpu centric and doesn't use gpu power. But at least I have a workaround for now.

• Thanks for the replies. It's definitely a hardware issue but not sure what? IT ran all the stress tests mentioned and components are working properly. Not sure how to test the power supply. I ran the same file at same resolution on my Lenovo P52 laptop and it work fine. Slower to save, but no issues. It's funny that the 15k Thinkstation with powerful specs shutoffs after 30-70 percent. 3ds MAX and Corona saving at 5k res...No issues. But then again, Corona is cpu centric and doesn't use gpu power. But at least I have a workaround for now.

Been there... Enscape "helped" me upgrade to a new PC... bugs.... bugs... The crashes were only happening on my older PC when using Enscape and nothing else would make it crash... But lucky for me I got to upgrade to a 3090 and 5900x cause it was a whole system with the 3090 included so no scalper prices.

I can't seem to find the posts I made in these forums for all the troubleshooting I had to go through... these forums get "cleaned" every once in a while... or maybe the thread got "merged" or "archived".... not the first time...

Found one of the posts I made (Had to click on the "Posts" link next to one of my replies...

Previous releases/previews merged thread

• ASxJ2099 , I'm really sorry you had to go through all these steps in order to resolve your problem. Sometimes threads so indeed get merged and the Forum will receive these adjustments to keep everything clean. It's of course not our goal to remove/delete anything that is still an ongoing topic.

vjaramillo if you haven't already definitely send us a feedback report as mentioned by my colleague Rick so that we can have a more detailed look at this problem. In the end Enscape can include certain issues that make either the CAD solution or Enscape itself crash, but if the whole system shuts down it usually boils down to a hardware problem.