Best Laptop or 2n1 options for Revit-Enscape?

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • looking for recommendations for a laptop a 2n1 option would be great. Currently, an Interior Design student running Revit on a borrowed windows 7 pc, it doesn't have enough guts to run Enscape. :( I am willing to invest in something that is going to last me a while but I am not sure where I will end up post-graduation so versatility is my best option. I am personally a MacBook Pro user and am having a hard time diving into the Windows world... but I need something that's going to function for portfolio updates and senior thesis/project without the spinning wheel of death with every click.

any tips or recommendations?

• Rick Marx

Approved the thread.
  • Don't go for Mac just to run Bootcamp. You'll overpay for a laptop and underperform.

Here's a great laptop by Razer with the 3070 RTX GPU for $2k.

https://www.razer.com/gaming-l…ade-15/RZ09-0369BE22-R3U1

You'll pay more than $4k for a top of the line Macbook Pro that has a far inferior graphic card.

Save $2k. Get an eTrade account. Invest the savings in APPL stock.

• Official Post

sgormley , welcome to our Forum!

It does depend on your budget of course, but a decent Laptop that meets our system requirements will suffice - keep in mind though, if you really want to be future proof and dial up the rendering quality while navigating in medium-large sized projects, go with something like an RTX 2060 (minimum) / 2070 / 2080 Super or non-super, or of course any of the RTX 3000 series cards.

Be aware, that for that we also highly recommend going with a windows machine of course.

Feel free to link any of your choices here too and I'll gladly have a look too. And may I ask what your budget is so I can give you some more specific recommendations?