Sketchup and Enscape windows the same size

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi guys -

First of all, let me say that after trying Enscape for a few days, I am completely sold! Purchased a subscription the other day. :)

I often use a combination of plain old Sketchup renders and Enscape for the work that I do. I size the Sketchup window to the size/ratio of my intended render. It would be nice if, when I do my Enscape render, there were the option to have the Enscape render window open at the same size as the Sketchup window. I realize that I can set up custom sizes for capture, but if the window is a different size from the Sketchup window, the renders often do not line up.

Also, a way to dock the various Enscape windows would be helpful. Right now, I end up with several windows - the material editor, the Enscape settings, etc - all floating around on my screens. Having them docked, and automatically minimized when not in use, would reduce quite a bit of screen clutter.

Thanks!

• justlark In SketchUp, when setting a custom resolution, you can use the aspect ratio from the SketchUp viewport. Not exactly what you were asking for, but might help you.

Do you mean integrated inside the Enscape window (like the presentation mode or the settings in the standalone), docked inside the Enscape window, or docked inside SketchUp? Or have materials/lights/settings all in one window? Not sure every solution is technically possible, just want to understand your idea.

• The pattern should disappear once you export it as a screenshot, panorama or video. If you add more direct light in your scene, it should also fade during walkthrough.

• Hm ok i have never seen that before. It would be good if you could share an exe export with our support team so that we can have a look.

In SketchUp, when setting a custom resolution, you can use the aspect ratio from the SketchUp viewport. Not exactly what you were asking for, but might help you.

I usually do a combination of renders in Photoshop - I have a custom line style in Sketchup, and I like to combine that with the render from Enscape. Usually I do the Sketchup render, and then resize the Enscape window to match the dimension of the Sketchup render. I then set the custom resolution to match, just to be sure. It would just save me those last couple of steps if the Enscape window opened at the same size as the Sketchup window.

Do you mean integrated inside the Enscape window (like the presentation mode or the settings in the standalone), docked inside the Enscape window, or docked inside SketchUp? Or have materials/lights/settings all in one window? Not sure every solution is technically possible, just want to understand your idea.

Sorry, I was pretty vague about that, wasn't I? Honestly, I'm not sure what to do with all the windows. They could be drop-downs from the Enscape toolbar, they could be docked to the Enscape window, it doesn't really matter. I just find I end with a lot of windows that I have to move all over my desktop, and they kind of turn into clutter. There may not be a good solution, and it's really not that big of a deal. I just try to keep my desktop tidy. :)