Slow loading of assets into Revit

• Is there a way to speed up the loading of assets into my Revit projects?

I have seen videos of people loading assets from the library into Sketchup and it looks instant but it takes around 10 seconds in Revit,

This really slows me down when building a scene so any help would be great.

:revit:

• jwal485 , thanks a lot for your report.

In the very first instance, is there a reason you're not simply acquiring the Asset Library offline? That usually improves the loading time quite substantially to say the least.

If for some reason you cannot acquire the Library offline, let me know and we'll look into this further - can you then also let me know what your internet connection speed is and where you are located in the world?

• I have the assets downloaded and the thumbnails load as to be expected. I have screen captured what's happening below.

Sorry the capture does not pick up the asset window but you can see me clicking the asset around 13 seconds.

jwal485 , thanks a lot for your report.

In the very first instance, is there a reason you're not simply acquiring the Asset Library offline? That usually improves the loading time quite substantially to say the least.

If for some reason you cannot acquire the Library offline, let me know and we'll look into this further - can you then also let me know what your internet connection speed is and where you are located in the world?

• jwal485 , I see now, thanks a lot. Given the nature of Revit this behaviour is usually normal - do you experience this in any view of yours and also in a completely new project (or in the sample project at hand)?

• Thank you this is quite normal for me, just tried it in a floor plan of a new project it takes roughly 8 seconds.

If this is normal that ok, I was just hoping for a cheeky workaround, such as a better download location.

I have Revit and the assets in the same location on an NVME m.2 drive which I thought would speed think up.