Enscape in SketchUp is Almost Perfect...

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Still waiting for a 2pt camera match in SketchUp is the only thing keeping me from making Enscape my go-to engine. It's shocking that all of the amazing things that the Enscape team has been able to do with this engine, that this seemingly small feature is still missing.

I remember many years ago asking the VRay team to implement it and within 2 days it was there. I have easily been requesting this for years now. If this feature is something you want to see - let Enscape know in this thread!

Give us SketchUp 2pt camera matching!!! PLEASE!!!

• Official Post

Thanks a lot for the feedback - I'm afraid it may technically not be possible to support the Synch View function while two-point perspective is enabled in SketchUp. At least due to the nature of Enscape's real-time rendering - But, I have of course consulted our Devs for more info and will report back, if it's simply a feature request that hasn't been put into development yet I'll also let you know.

• That's annoying for sure. What I usually do is get the camera set up properly in Enscape, activating 2 pt perspective in visual settings and panning around with the left mouse button until I've got the alignment I like, then save the view as a scene in Sketchup. This creates a wierd looking scene inside sketchup, but for the purposes of saving the right camera angle in Enscape, it works at least. I agree it would be better if the two were linked properly, but assuming you're only ever going to render inside Enscape and not save views straight out of sketchup (or another renderer) it does the trick.

• Official Post

Just as a brief update, this is indeed a feature request that hasn't been tackled yet - All your Feedback and upvotes have been forwarded though.

• Give us SketchUp 2pt camera matching!!! PLEASE!!!

I'm afraid its not gonna happen.. I was interested in the topic and found out that Zoom and Shift for 2PP is not accessible in sKetchup's API .. Meaning no extension (ENS being one of them) can properly manage it.. So unless Trimble will add to sKetchup API some methods to manipulate Zoom and Shift in 2PP there is nothing that can be done.

• I'm afraid its not gonna happen.. I was interested in the topic and found out that Zoom and Shift for 2PP is not accessible in sKetchup's API .. Meaning no extension (ENS being one of them) can properly manage it.. So unless Trimble will add to sKetchup API some methods to manipulate Zoom and Shift in 2PP there is nothing that can be done.

When did you look into it?

These methods were added in SketchUp 2015:

- Sketchup.active_model.active_view.camera.is_2d?

- Sketchup.active_model.active_view.camera.scale_2d

- Sketchup.active_model.active_view.camera.center_2d

Other rendering engines do support two-point perspective, so it must be possible.

• jiminy-billy-bob I didn't look inside the methods cos I am not an API guru.. I know a bit of ruby and even can write a little plugin but not a master..

About support I was told by Eneroth who made the plugin ene_camMemory which I use.. She said her plugin doesn't support 2PP because API doen't support it.. I assumed they don't have either getter or setter methods..

Ye this methods do give You the Shift and Zoom which in case of 2PP camera important..
    But there are no setter methods as I checked now.. ENS would need both to work properly.. But it looks like they don't even read the values to make ENS view much sKetchup sceen in 2PP... ??

• jiminy-billy-bob I didn't look inside the methods cos I am not an API guru.. I know a bit of ruby and even can write a little plugin but not a master..

About support I was told by Eneroth who made the plugin ene_camMemory which I use.. She said her plugin doesn't support 2PP because API doen't support it.. I assumed they don't have either getter or setter methods..

Ye this methods do give You the Shift and Zoom which in case of 2PP camera important..
    But there are no setter methods as I checked now.. ENS would need both to work properly.. But it looks like they don't even read the values to make ENS view much sKetchup sceen in 2PP... ??

I have not tried it myself, but considering several other rendering engines (like V-Ray and Thea) support it flawlessly, I'm guessing it is possible to derive the shift and zoom from all the available data.

• I have not tried it myself, but considering several other rendering engines (like V-Ray and Thea) support it flawlessly, I'm guessing it is possible to derive the shift and zoom from all the available data.

Unfortunately I don't use Thea or V-Ray. not that much to try 2PP.. I think V-Ray was just fallowing the sKetchup view.. With those two methods You mentioned it is possible to derive the shift and zoom from all the available data. Setting it in sKetchup is problem. Navigating in plugins window and setting 2PP from there and making sKetchup follow it, should be the problem.. V-Ray and Thea can do that?

• Setting it in sKetchup is problem. Navigating in plugins window and setting 2PP from there and making sKetchup follow it, should be the problem..

Indeed! I'm sorry I didn't understand that you were talking about syncing in the Enscape->SketchUp direction.

But I still believe syncing from SketchUp to Enscape would be immensely useful, even if it doesn't work the other way around.

• I know the dev who developed the camera matching for V-Ray for SketchUp, Noel Warren, it took him a few days but it worked great once implimented. Demian Gutberlet if there are questions as to how to implement it, I'm sure he'd answer them.

API be damned, I know it's possible!

I remember when this came up in the VRay beta back then. Heck, I might haven even been the one to push for it. So now, I keep pushing for it in Enscape! Please make this a feature so I can love Enscape wholeheartedly!