Bug ? When I change the timestamp of a keyframe, it changes the lenght of the whole video.

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • With the new Video Editor tool, i have to admit I can't figure out exactly the logic of timestamps and keyframes. I can't change the speed / lenght between 2 keyframes. When I change 1 keyframe timestamp, it changes the lenght of the whole video. I was doing some testing and at 1 point the video went from 2 minutes long to 11 seconds !

Is this a know bug ?

• Hello JSANDERS ,

there is a blog post on how video editor controls work: https://enscape3d.com/best-pra…o-creation-in-revit-2019/

Timestamp basically sets the time at which the camera arrives at the keyframe, counting from the beginning of the video path.

If you don't explicitly define a timestamp, default camera speed (if you don't have timestamps at all) or camera speed extrapolated from the previous path segment is used.

Which means you control camera speed using timestamps: having two keyframes you can set timestamp of the second keyframe to e.g. 10 seconds, so the camera will fly the distance between the first and the second keyframe in exactly 10 seconds. If you add another keyframe without setting timestamp on it, camera will continue to fly with the same speed as between 1st and 2nd.

In your case the length of the rest of the video path changes because the camera speed is changed when you set timestamp in the beginning of the path and leave all the rest keyframe timestamps not set.

• I see. I feel that this isn't very logic or user friendly. As I have to modify each key frame individually ?

Wouldn't it be simpler to have a "camera speed" at a timestamp to define the speed of the camera after that keyframe ?

• JSANDERS we had different iterations and we came up with the, in our and most clients opinion, most intuitive solution.

Based on your design the keyframes wouldn't be connected to a specific time as it would be controlled by the chosen camera speed.

If you define only a specific time it is a direct control above speed and time.

But if you're used to another logic I can see the struggle.

• Is it possible in some future update to make the total length of the video locked? I have two frames i want the video to go through, but the camera is going too fast between them. I want the video to be 30 seconds. If i could just change one of their timestamps up a couple seconds I could fine tune everything. Older version was so so easy.

• Here's some video tips for adjusting timestamps between keyframes.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Phil,

Thanks for making that - really helpful. Hopefully Enscape will re-work their (especially!!) timestamp - sliders in the bottom panel would be great, too.

It would also be really useful if one could change lighting & other settings for each keyframe...someday.

THANK YOU!

Geof Narlee

• Turning lights on and off can't be done in Enscape but it's easy enough to simulate. Sender multiple passes (with lights on and off) then crossfade between render passes in post production.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

For cost, east of use and speed I prefer Camtasia. https://www.techsmith.com/video-editor.html

• ? Post production for Enscape video?

Also, if a moderator is monitoring this thread, I think Phil has got it right that you really need to open the xml files to makes timestamp adjustments without losing your mind. Really need to fix this - it's a big flaw.

THX!