REVIT Plant and Landscaping - Height as Instance Parameters instead of Type?

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
  • Do Revit Users prefer Planting Assets height/size to be instance or type based? 6

1. Enscape Planting Height Instance controlled (5) 83%
    2. Enscape Planting Height Type controlled (1) 17%
    3. Other methods (0) 0%

Hi Team,

Apologies in advance if someone has already asked this, I found multiple similar threads, but I could not find exactly what I am asking.

Will add a poll at the end to see if there is a consensus.

Might I suggest that all/most planting families and their height parameters, be switched from Type to instance.

When I add Plant entourage to Enscape for rendering, I waste time having to duplicate Asset types with different heights.

As Plants are organic in nature, it might worthwhile to make them instance-based? Is this something that might be possible or are there model issues I am overlooking?

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. The Custom Enscape Asset tool was the best addition to a long list of good adds. I have made many cool Enscape plants because of it.

• - Type based so you can correctly anticipate scheduling.

- Link the Enscape asset a Revit tree family.

- Use the Revit family to control scheduling with the instance parameter driven linked Enscape asset (this suggestion is not technically possible).