Time of day flickering in video

Please note: Should you experience issues with Enscape or your subscription, and in case of any urgent inquiries/questions (e.g. regarding our upcoming licensing changes) please reach out to our dedicated support team via the Help Center or Support button as detailed here.
  • Hello,

I'm using Sketchup 2021 with Enscape 3.0.2+45914 and have come across a bug with animating time of day in a video sequence.

The intent when we found this was to move the sun to keep a building well illuminated while orbiting the camera around it. However, the client noticed some flickering almost like the weather or sun conditions suddenly changed for a few frames and asked that we fix it. At first I thought maybe the time of day was animating in reverse through the night really quickly, but since it only seems to last 4 to 8 frames I don't think that's the case. We also tested it with and without auto-exposure in case there was a bug having to do with the camera seeing something too bright or dark for a few frames but that didn't fix it either. We have also tested it on PCs with and without RTX GPUs.

I created a very simple sample scene with a cube and 10' radius ground plane in sketchup to demonstrate the issue and it's actually more pronounced in the test attached than what we saw in our actual project. The flickering happens around the 5, 7 and 10 second marks.

If there's any known temporary workaround or a fix in a newer release let me know

Thanks,

Max