Video material causes red glow

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Hi team,

I'm getting this weird glitch that hopefully you have an answer for. When using a video material, I get a red glow coming from the surface. I've tried many different videos with different colour tones and all of them glow red. The glow does fade when you stop moving but then so does the video (restmode).

I've created a brand new project, with brand new materials, to demonstrate this and make sure it wasn't something in the project. Please see the video and screenshots.

Any ideas how to fix this? I can't have red shadows/glow showing for renders, videos, or walkthroughs.

With a video material: (red glow)

Default Material: (No red tint in the shadow)

• Update:

Installing the latest 3.2 preview version corrects the issue. The red glow is now gone and in dark lighting, the videos illuminate the scene with the colour that is being shown in the video. Not sure what happened but whatever is different about version 3.2 seems to have worked.

• Official Post

mark8848 , thanks for the report and Feedback in general. We've added some improvements to that with our latest preview indeed - video textures, in general, should now display proper lighting (global illumination for the most part) synching live with the video itself. This addition will of course also find its way into a release update eventually too.

• Update:

Installing the latest 3.2 preview version corrects the issue. The red glow is now gone and in dark lighting, the videos illuminate the scene with the colour that is being shown in the video. Not sure what happened but whatever is different about version 3.2 seems to have worked.

It fixed issue for me too. Thanks for the update.

• Official Post

it seems the issue is back, any quick fix for this..? I've posted a picture from how it was before vs now.

We're aware of it, but thanks a lot for the report nonetheless! I'm afraid the only fix for this at the moment would be reverting back to 3.2 for the time being, or not using self-illumination for videos (switching the material type to Generic). We are of course looking into resolving this as quickly as possible.

• We're aware of it, but thanks a lot for the report nonetheless! I'm afraid the only fix for this at the moment would be reverting back to 3.2 for the time being, or not using self-illumination for videos (switching the material type to Generic). We are of course looking into resolving this as quickly as possible.

I'm actually using generic and not self illumination and it's still doing it. I guess i will revert to 3.2, is there any ETA. on when this will be patched/fixed? this is part of my exam that i have in around a months time.

• Official Post

I'm actually using generic and not self illumination and it's still doing it. I guess i will revert to 3.2, is there any ETA. on when this will be patched/fixed? this is part of my exam that i have in around a months time.

A fix for this should be implemented in the coming weeks - I'll let you know once it has been resolved accordingly, in the meantime I would advise making use of 3.2 instead especially if you have an exam coming up indeed.

• Im having the same issue with my Enscape on mac (I have Version1.1.19+921). Whenever I 'start enscape' on my Sketchup the render appears red, like an over exposed red, without me even making any light or shadow settings (picture1).

(picture2) I tried playing with adjusting the brightness and highlight in Enscape to fix the overexposure, but it didn't kill it. Render turned orange.