How to assign the folder path of Offline Enscape Asset Library via Registry or Configuration file

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Dear Enscape Team,

I am a IT guy in an Architecture Firm, we have a lot of Enscape users.

We want to put the Enscape Asset Library into a shared folder on our server(with Enscape offline Library), so everyone could have the same offline asset library.

Is there any registry value or configuration files can define the folder path of the offline Asset Library ?

Please kindly let me know.

Thank you

• Well, i figured it out by myself.

The configuration file is located here : %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Enscape\Settings\settings.json

Only need to make sure the value inside the setting.json file is TRUE.

But i've noticed a further issue, after enable the offline asset library, each time when i open the library it will take about 1-3 minutes to load the content, the whole rhino will freeze during this loading process, this is really annoying, is there any way could speed up this ?

• Official Post

I'm sorry to hear about that!

We've tried to reproduce this problem ourselves but were not able to - can you kindly send in a Feedback report from any of the machines on which it takes 1-3 minutes until everything is loaded? Could you also briefly specify what you mean by "load the content", I reckon you mean the thumbnails for each individual Asset in general, or does it take that long to even open the window in general? Thank you in advance!

• I'm sorry to hear about that!

We've tried to reproduce this problem ourselves but were not able to - can you kindly send in a Feedback report from any of the machines on which it takes 1-3 minutes until everything is loaded? Could you also briefly specify what you mean by "load the content", I reckon you mean the thumbnails for each individual Asset in general, or does it take that long to even open the window in general? Thank you in advance!

Hi Demian,

Sure, I will send in a Feedback Report from Enscape software.

And about The "Load the content" I said - after i click the library button, the library window will pop up, this window will freeze about 1-3 minutes, then show all the assets up, it is happening almost every time when i click the library button.

Please kindly help me after you checked the report.

Thank you

• Official Post

Xiaoyu_Wang , thanks a lot! It would be great if you can also send me the e-mail used to send in the Feedback report itself, but since we do not want people to openly share those addresses here, please briefly send it to me via a direct message, so that I can locate the report instantly to let you know more asap. :) Thank you!

• Xiaoyu_Wang , thanks a lot! It would be great if you can also send me the e-mail used to send in the Feedback report itself, but since we do not want people to openly share those addresses here, please briefly send it to me via a direct message, so that I can locate the report instantly to let you know more asap. :) Thank you!

I've send my emails to you via the direct message.

Thanks

• Official Post

Xiaoyu_Wang , right away, thanks a lot again for the report!

I've just sent you a dedicated reply to your e-mail, through the Feedback report - I'm looking forward to resolving this but may have to escalate this case to our developers if required, so I appreciate the cooperation so far already. :) You can furthermore simply respond back through the created case via your e-mail as well, thanks!

• Official Post

Xiaoyu_Wang , thanks a lot for the Feedback further reports you've sent in - since we're covering a bit of sensitive data I've sent you a further reply via your created case again, via e-mail. There are a few detailed questions in my e-mail to you so I again appreciate the time and your cooperation in troubleshooting this.

• Official Post

Xiaoyu_Wang , I appreciate your patience so much and we're sorry that you had to wait so long but, good news: After quite a bit of troubleshooting from our side, our developers have developed a fix for this actually just a couple of days ago. This fix should also find its way into our next upcoming preview 7 of 3.2 already, or at the very least with our full release 3.2 soon. :)

• Official Post

Hi Demian,

Great news, thanks a lot. i will wait for the 3.2 release.

Just so you know, even though our previews are not production-proven ready, they're still rather stable. Depending on how long you wish to wait, you can gladly also give the upcoming preview a try since that one will already come out sooner than the next full release.

• after i click the library button, the library window will pop up, this window will freeze about 1-3 minutes, then show all the assets up, it is happening almost every time when i click the library button.

Is this supposed to be resolved or what is the status? I'm using the latest Enscape-3.2.0+63301

I'm experimenting with offline assets on our server - if I point to a server location, it takes around a minute to open the library. Versus putting the library on the local PC drive which opens in a few seconds.

I see there are 30,000+ files in the asset folder, so maybe that's just how long it takes to chew through all those to get the preview window open. But I was a bit surprised to see that much discrepancy between our server and the local drive. Is that to be expected or is there anything I can tell our network guys to improve things?

It's kind of a workflow killer. The alternative is to copy the assets to everyone's individual PC.

• Hirifkin,

Actually the new Enscape ver3.2.0 (3.2.0+63301) fixed our offline asset slowness / freeze issue, but it also bring the other issue about the Enscape Crash.

Luckily for us, with the latest Nvidia Enterprise driver 472.47 installed and the DLSS option disabled in Enscape, our Rhino 7.11 is running stable.

Not sure what is the reason for the slowness of your shared library, it works fine for our shared library. only takes about 10-15 seconds to open the offline asset. (it will be slow on the 1st time of opening, about 30-45 seconds).

Without the Enscape issue, then i think you can also look into your environment ? such like network bandwidth, switch rules, also the spec of your server storage (disks).

Hope this could give you some clue.

• Interested in this also for my team, who actually use Dropbox instead of a local server... so I'm guessing an "Offline" location within a dropbox location won't actually work...

Hi Thiefsie,

I think it is not that different if your dropbox folder also a shared folder for Enscape asset library.

As we also using our shared library as the sync folder for a system like dropbox.