Enscape inside rhino some thoughts

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Got your up-votes Dlebe and Micha , thanks! :)

• Official Post

One vote from me as well for IES

Added, thanks! :)

• Hi Enscape Team,

first thanks for your work, Enscape is becoming more and more an essential tool for our architecture firm.

Debating with many colleagus we have considered that there are still some important weaknesses especially concerning Rhinoceros.

I refer to enscape objects (IES lights, lights sliders, proxies) and I'd like to know how is the implementation going and how long (approx) would it take to get these important and useful improvements in the software. Or if it's simply impossible to get the same options of Enscape for Sketchup.

At the moment the light management with Enscape in Rhino is very basic and getting professional results (mostly for interiors) is impossible without a massive post-production that significantly reduces the speed of workflow and the quality of the whole work.

Thanks for your answer,

best regards.

Dlebe

• HI people :)

I'm here againt to see your improvements in the new 2.6 beta version and 5.2. using my new pc.

I liked the speed, still great ... i liked the final quality render not so bad but i experienced some problems in glasses.

despite the early version, i can see reflections on glass improved, but still not so good.

the worst aspect, using glass(ior.152) material in rhino editor or using the brand new editor is a low quality of ior. the ior is completely absent, glass seems to be fake, and this vanificate all your work in this plugin.

So, i try to render the same scene in blender using cycles(that is my engine for the moment) i dont toke care about wood or plaster, only the glass was edited to create a glass plane in the shower with ior and reflection as default values, one source light and a preview quality- sample number(only 64)

glasses are good and visible in their fullness, and this is how i think glass seem to be in reality.

SO,is there a way to improve glasses into enscape?

thanks for your attention.

• I've only ever wanted to be that accurate once or twice; in those cases I model the edges with a different glass material. You also need to be aware of "Z fighting" and make sure that the edges don't touch another surface and that glass is ignored from the third(*) surface on-wards: looking through a wine glass at the view through a glass window might not show you what you would expect to see.

(* I think it's 3rd, might be 4th)

• trick for faking ies effect:

i was searching for a tutorial about eevee and lights interior illumination and finally i found a trick that you (i guess) can import in rhino using enscape for faking ies light.

i used blender and eevee, but things are the same in rhino and i think enscape can replicate it in a good way.

so:

add 3 source of light( 3 spotlights) at the same position, overlayed, or you can positionate them in different coordinate (such i made in my example) for all them you must chance the cone value, to achieve a light more sophisticated.

try by youself and post the result.

here my first attempt ( eevee like enscape for rhino, has not ies)

hope this was usefull, waithing for official feature

• Hi all, in this quarantine period i 'm dusting my rhino skills, i already downloaded last version of enscape2.7, hoping something changed in positive road
    through these months.

But still a lot of problems under rhino:

1) still no IES support, for interior design a convincing illumination is a fundamental feature, and rhino is one of the best 3Dcad program to do everything you want.

2) settings popup. It's crazy. now is bounded to rhino window, if i close rhino as icon, the menu window disappear following rhinoceros. crazy...so i have a render window without the menu popup to make some change. i must run rhino next to render window. crazy...so uncofortable .

3) the quality shadows without an AO parameter to setup the occlusion, is terrific. All objects seem to be flying.

4) the quality edge is strange, but i think this could be a problem of rhino nurbs (i must encrease the quality inside rhino). Some edges are jagged.

5) no way to setup env. coordinates in Z axe, or scale it for a better visualization.

6) the glass refraction and ior quality still unreal ,so difficult gain a glass effect in enscape.(as Eevee)

positive features:

1)the clearcot is amazing, making easy the car body finish

2)the new material icon and menu. now is complete and is a good way to make materials inside rhino.

obvious, thank for your job and effort

Stay safe and at home! greeting from italy.

• frankissimo Sidenote: your environment shows a view in my home town Dresden. :) The pano is shot at this place:

https://goo.gl/maps/Y2m2DvgC5Y7pbNDn8

Greetings from Germany.

I love that environment. For exterior car visualization is great and rich of details.

I found it for free at haven.com or similar, I don't remember the correct web site.

• I also need IES for Rhino. I'm a lighting designer, sometimes architect would give me a rhino model, now I need to convert it to a sketchup file to make renderings in enscape. Sometimes I would make some complex lighting installtion models in rhino, then convert it to sketchup to show real lighting effects, which is time-consuming, just because enscape can load IES only in sketchup. Original light objects in rhino are too limited for lighting designer to show real lighting effects that we wanted. I would be very happy if enscape for rhino has IES lighting function.

• Official Post

I also need IES for Rhino. I'm a lighting designer, sometimes architect would give me a rhino model, now I need to convert it to a sketchup file to make renderings in enscape. Sometimes I would make some complex lighting installtion models in rhino, then convert it to sketchup to show real lighting effects, which is time-consuming, just because enscape can load IES only in sketchup. Original light objects in rhino are too limited for lighting designer to show real lighting effects that we wanted. I would be very happy if enscape for rhino has IES lighting function.

Welcome to our Forum, I have gladly forwarded your inquiry accordingly as well.

• the same scene after 2 Yrs but under eevee a raster rendering engine, similar to enscape..

glass ior works fine.

Really appreaced features: AO setting for better shadows effect, ior improved, IES for ligthing sources

• just today a client asked me specifically if we could use IES Profiles for an indoor rendering job, I told him that unfortunately this is not possible in a Rhino / Enscape workflow and that we have to use another render engine that supports IES.

I don't get this, sad ...