apple

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

Rebrand0778 , good news for you. :)

• Official Post

What is the good news....? :)

Pardon, you can click on the hyperlink in my last post, but here it is as a link too:

https://enscape3d.com/enscape-for-mac/

As mentioned, no release date yet, but sometime around Q1-Q2 2022! :)

• No it’s not, it’s been discussed extensively here and it’s very very doubtful they’ll be a MacOS version until Apple release hardware capable of running such a graphics intense app.

Why people are buying Mac's for work, only to be hamstrung by software compatibility is beyond me. The new iMac's, for example, are 11.5mm thin and run the M1 chip- basically becoming a massive iPad mounted to a pretty stand with peripherals. Plenty of power to edit my Mirrorless SLR photos in Lightroom and some Photoshop (with HEAVY involvement form Adobe on the software side, btw), but not exactly high end-spec stuff.

• Tim You could also ask, why arent software developers keeping up with Apple? Fact of the matter is, many people prefer working on a Mac, for both home use and for work. And Apple's user base is only growing. The days of working on behemoth workstations is in the past. If you are seeing computers that resemble iPads being used for work, its because that's where the technology is going. Autocad is moving some of their software to the cloud. It's not out of the question to expect software to work on hardware that is lighter and more mobile.

That said, I am VERY happy to see that we might have a Mac versions of Enscape in 2022! Cant wait! I'm tired of keeping a clunky PC laptop around just to do renderings.

• Tim You could also ask, why arent software developers keeping up with Apple? Fact of the matter is, many people prefer working on a Mac, for both home use and for work. And Apple's user base is only growing. The days of working on behemoth workstations is in the past. If you are seeing computers that resemble iPads being used for work, its because that's where the technology is going. Autocad is moving some of their software to the cloud. It's not out of the question to expect software to work on hardware that is lighter and more mobile.

That said, I am VERY happy to see that we might have a Mac versions of Enscape in 2022! Cant wait! I'm tired of keeping a clunky PC laptop around just to do renderings.

Developers aren't deciding to "not keep up with" Apple. Apple has a small user base #1 (75% windows and 15% Apple) and #2, very limited high end hardware options vs Windows machines - i.e. - more pro's turn to Windows for workstations. Development dollars are better spent on Windows first. Apple's tactic seems to be heavily customizing popular software to run on their devices as of late, as in with iOS and Adobe software - Photoshop and Lightroom as an example. They are heavily marketing it towards "creators" by having that tight relationship with Adobe in that example. Autodesk cloud? No thanks. lol

We are nowhere near using devices like iPad's for full-on professional creative work, no matter what Apple marketing has suggested. PC "gaming" laptops to which I assume you are referring to are "clunky" because they have real hardware and real thermals to handle that hardware.

• I only hope that Apple will support eGPUs with the M1 (or newer) Macs. I use an eGPU for my iMac and I hope it will be supported with Enscape. That is one of the main reasons I use Windows for my work at the moment.

AMD Ryzen 12core, 32GB RAM, RTX 2080 Super, Sketchup 22 Pro, Archicad 25, VectorWorks 2020