Mac Support Main Overview Thread

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I'm running Revit through Parallels on a Macbook pro M1 & as has been well documented, Enscape is incompatible due to the limitations of Parallels Open GL support. Is there any chance that the upcoming Enscape for Mac release will somehow allow for mac-based virtual machine Revit users to workaround these issues?

Assuming no because this is a less-common setup, but it would be great to know if at some point there will be a feasible solution to running Enscape/Revit on an M1 machine.

Also - I assumed that I would be able to at least run an enscape .exe in the parallels environment (again, this on an M1 machine) however it appears that does not work either.

• I'm running Revit through Parallels on a Macbook pro M1 & as has been well documented, Enscape is incompatible due to the limitations of Parallels Open GL support. Is there any chance that the upcoming Enscape for Mac release will somehow allow for mac-based virtual machine Revit users to workaround these issues?

Assuming no because this is a less-common setup, but it would be great to know if at some point there will be a feasible solution to running Enscape/Revit on an M1 machine.

Also - I assumed that I would be able to at least run an enscape .exe in the parallels environment (again, this on an M1 machine) however it appears that does not work either.

That sounds like a question for parallels - it sounds like they need to improve their open GL support.

Enscape is moving towards Vulkan too, which parallels also doesn’t support.

Enscape does not use OpenGL on Windows any more - we use Vulkan. Exe standalones use the same engine, so Vulkan support is needed for it too.

Apple's Metal maps well to Vulkan features, so from the point of view of the hardware Vulkan support should be possible, but it's up to Parallels to implement it.

• Isn't Parallels on M1 Macs offering only Windows for ARM VMs ?

Where x86 Apps will be emulated in Windows for ARM.

(A bit more complex and slower than Apples Rosetta 2 ?)

So if Parallels may be able to bring fast Vulkan support, it may

also need to run through the emulation without larger losses.

So does this currently work well for 3D demanding Apps like Revit

(or Games) and OpenGL ?

I remember that I needed tu run my Microstation via Parallels 10-15

years ago on the fast Mac Pro 2.1.

It was always too slow to be usable on VMWare. Worked reasonably

well via Parallels.

But by accidentally using any more exotic OpenGL features, like e.g.

activating full view crosshair cursor could slow Microstation down

completely and make it unusable.

• well good to know that Enscape is Vulkan based...anyway seems like will be hard for Apple to comeback to architectural part of the business...as far as I know Archicad and Vectorworks and Autocad are running pretty well with M1 /pro...max/...so almost the last BIM to come to M1 is Revit...hope someone in Autodesk is old Apple fan...anyway...still no infos about Enscape for Mac....and my annual renew is ending soon...

PS. /hope I will not get ban for beeing anoing/

• Well I couldnt wait…so I ordered MacBook pro with M1pro 10core CPU,16core GPU, 16GB memory and 1TB ssd…hope will be enough for Enscape for Mac… or I will hlave Sketchup powerhouse…?

Hi tomankubik ! Have you been able to test the beta yet? How is your machine handling it?

Now that the beta is out I hope we can get more precision soon from Enscape / Demian Gutberlet about "minimum requirement" and "recommended requirement" (what CPU/GPU/unified RAM?). That would really help find that sweet spot between capabilities and cost :)

Thank you,

• Hey all - great to start using the MAC beta finally. Looking forward to really start testing the power of this software when all the features are available.

Few questions for anyone who would be so kind as to answer…

- Does anyone have information as to when the Video editor will be available on the beta? It’s currently greyed out and this is really the main reason we want to explore using Enscape.

- The same question for the Enscape asset library feature.

- Now Enscape and Chaos are part of the same company one would hope VRAY for Sketchup and Enscape Sketchup would work seamlessly, however we’ve noticed some materials don’t carry over at the moment, same for Vray lights. Hoping this is in the pipeline for Enscape but would be great to hear if anyone knows more on this…

Cheers all :)

• Hi tomankubik ! Have you been able to test the beta yet? How is your machine handling it?

Now that the beta is out I hope we can get more precision soon from Enscape / Demian Gutberlet about "minimum requirement" and "recommended requirement" (what CPU/GPU/unified RAM?). That would really help find that sweet spot between capabilities and cost :)

Thank you,

Dear Fran I have no information that the beta is out….I have been applied to beta program but nobody send me info. So hopefully they will react at least at this threat….I willing to buy also Mac studio just to try Enscape…we will see what happens

• I also got an Enscape Mail Announcement of the Mac Beta today.

(Maybe it is in your SPAM folder ?)

But unfortunately I do not use Sketchup.

Have to wait until a Vectorworks compatible Beta arrives - if at all ....

So do I...

But, we can always try it, by downloading a demo version of sketchup. Isn't it?

L.