Mac Support Main Overview Thread

Reminder: If you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
    • Official Post

I too am experiencing frustration with multiple crashes and the lack of functionality of the Mac version of Enscape+Sketchup. I downloaded a custom asset collection from TurboSquid as a OBJ file. It was expensive. In the Enscape Asset Library, There is no path for adding custom assets. What am I missing? Is this a feature that is not available on the Mac version of Enscape for Sketchup? That is a critical flaw. If we as Mac users don't have access to importing custom assets into the Enscape Asset Library, then I have to ask the very serious question "Is Enscape even the right rendering software for me?". Why would I even buy this program if it lacks critical functionality that other rendering softwares offer?

I am still waiting for an answer to this question that I have asked in multiple threads. Crickets......

Please help. We have real deadlines, on real projects. Us Mac users are running out of patience. Thank you.

Please see my reply in the other thread of yours - At least currently I'm afraid there is no way to add custom Assets, but this is also a functionality which will be added of course, as the goal is to still reach feature parity as quickly as possible.

• I'd like to find out when the full light source function buttons will be available for the mac version. I started with enscape window version and am finding that some of the light source function buttons that's available in window are not available in the mac version (i.e. Sphere and line, disk lights are missing in the mac version). These are the basic functions used to create general and ambience lighting for interior spaces. I'm now handicapped by not being able to create moods in interiors like i used to.. Can anyone educate me how you create general lighting in a room using the "spot light" and "rect light" button functions. Clearly as you can see from the labels - these are clearly not meant for general lighting as their names implies. Enscape for mac should have been a beta version and members shouldn't be charged full price similar to the window version with the many lacks in functionalities.

I've also sent in the request and queries to the "Enscape support" months ago and still have not heard from anyone. I share the pain and frustration of many here and in earlier forum on this topic. I'm also sensing the many frustrations arising.. Can Enscape support please help address these inadequacies please and let us know when the missing functions will be available or can we get our money back.... Thanks.

• It's been over a year now and unfortunately still no video support for flythroughs. And, they're increasing the price! ?‍♂️

• Please see my reply in the other thread of yours - At least currently I'm afraid there is no way to add custom Assets, but this is also a functionality which will be added of course, as the goal is to still reach feature parity as quickly as possible.

Why is it being sold as a finished product when it's still very much a beta version?

• Dear Enscape Mac User,

the Enscape Product Management department is searching for some new contacts when it comes to our Enscape User Group. Since we now have compatibility for nearly all the 3D applications (Rhino support will follow shortly) and our development team is currently working on the feature parity to windows, we need to look into the future for Enscape in general.

Our user group will get the most up-to-date news via a regular newsletter, as well as more insights of the feature development, UX surveys, open questions and so one, to actively contribute to the future development and road map of Enscape. Additionally there is a group of up to 10 people that our product management colleagues regular meet in an only session to discuss features, speak about the product in more detail to get some more in depth knowledge about your day to day usage.

If that sounds interesting for you make sure to fill out that form to register: https://forms.monday.com/forms…da22d26934f42692cb?r=euc1

If you have any questions left, make sure to reach out via a private chat!
    Lena