Slow Video Output

• Took a quick search through the forums and couldn't find an answer for slow video output.

Steps I've taken:

1. Set Revit to high performance in radeon graphics settings

2. Updated radeon firmware to latest drivers

3. Rebooted

4. Set Enscape settings to Draft

5. Reduced video size to around 480p

Latest version of enscape is installed.

After these steps a video with about 5 seconds worth of video at 25fps is taking roughly 25mins to create, longer video have been proportional to that. Non of my hardware seems to be working all that hard. Any ideas how to speed this up? Or is this normal?

Hardware:

Radeon Pro WX7100 - 8gb GDDR5

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1505M v6 @ 3.00GHz

32GB DDR4 Ram

Thanks!

• Hey sleerj , thank you for your post!

This should not be normal, so could you please send us some Feedback using the [Feedback] button in the Enscape context menu? Please make sure that 'Include Logfiles into feedback' is checked in the Enscape Feedback window and add your forum name as well, so we may connect the provided data to this ticket. This way, we should get all the information necessary to identify the cause of this issue.

Feedback button in Revit:

Regarding step 5: I suppose with "video size" you mean the Resolution you've set in the Capture tab of your Enscape settings?

-> If it's set to about 480p could you also please also export a screenshot and let me know how long this process takes? This information would be useful to check if only your video export is affected by this behaviour.

Thanks in advance!

• Hi Demian,

Thanks for the quick response. I have submitted feedback and included logs.

I didn't notice a difference reducing the resolution to 480 from 1080. For 480 I was using window resolution and had my window taking up less than a quarter of my 1080 screen.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Thanks!

Josh

• Thanks for the help Demian. Looks like it was my video card driver. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it seems to be moving along much faster now and utilizing my GPU 100%. Took about 3 minutes to process a 30 second video at Medium render quality at 720p resolution.

Thanks Thomas, looking forward to the performance improvements!

Out of curiosity, does your team have any comparison on video processing speeds for different GPUs?

• sleerj , happy to hear this resolved your problem! =)

We currently don't have any comparison video for export speeds on different GPUs. We'll have a look into it, thanks for the feedback!