Transparency control for walls, floors and structural elements

• Greetings everyone,

This is my first post here after I downloaded the trial version of Enscape for Revit 2019 for evaluation before production. Just a quick question, is there any way that we can control the transparency of walls, floors or beams in the live view of Enscape? The reason for this is I would like to show the M&E such as plumbing and electrical conduits in the building where some are concealed inside the walls, floors etc.

I tried a few methods by adjusting the visibility of walls in the current view but nothing was changed in Enscape.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

• Hey danialzaidi , welcome to our forum! First off, are you aware that you can easily make use of the provided transparency settings to control the transparency of any object in your scene? Please make sure to click apply in the material editor so that the corresponding changes are applied to Enscape. Have you tried this process already? Do you experience any issues with that?

Alternatively, you can use any of the view settings already provided by Revit to hide elements from your presentation. Features such as section boxes, visibility settings, design options etc. are being synchronized by Enscape - just make sure the view selected for Enscape is the same you've made the changes in.

View selector in Enscape:

If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know!

• That would require the direct editing the material (property and/or assignment) of the element Demian, not as Danial appears to be asking - adjust, on-the-fly, within Enscape - and since the former isn't a practical workflow conducive to principle Revit requirements, this is more the subject of a feature request.

• snowyweston yeah what he wants to achieve could be realized by preparing certain 3D views and switching between them. Or by manually adjusting Revit on a second screen, comparable to a Powerpoint presentation where you have a different view of the slides compared to the output.

• Hello and thank you for the reply. I have tried adjusting the visibility (Visibility/graphics override & Graphic display options) directly in the Revit 3D view but nothing happened in Enscape3D model. I think apparently that feature is not yet available in Enscape3D. Hopefully Enscape3D will implement this particular feature sooner or later. Having the ability to see (Live) the MEP elements embedded in the wall would be awesome for a presentation.

• Hi danialzaidi , regarding the Visibility/graphics override & Graphic display options provided by Revit -> Correct, these are not yet supported by Enscape, but it's a topic on our agenda which just received a further upvote through your voice. ;)

Further, I suppose hiding certain objects in your corresponding views via the "Hide in View" option provided by Revit right about "Override Graphics in View" is not sufficient enough? For example, you could have a view where a wall is visible and a further view in which the wall is hidden. Same perspective, so when you switch between them, you can basically make the wall re-appear or disappear to show what's behind. :)

• Hi danialzaidi , regarding the Visibility/graphics override & Graphic display options provided by Revit -> Correct, these are not yet supported by Enscape, but it's a topic on our agenda which just received a further upvote through your voice. ;)

Further, I suppose hiding certain objects in your corresponding views via the "Hide in View" option provided by Revit right about "Override Graphics in View" is not sufficient enough? For example, you could have a view where a wall is visible and a further view in which the wall is hidden. Same perspective, so when you switch between them, you can basically make the wall re-appear or disappear to show what's behind. :)

Hi Demian Gutberlet . I just attended a kick-off meeting for a new 80-storey project we just acquired, with my colleagues around 10 minutes ago. One of the highlighted issue during the meeting was "what is the best method for us to present Clash Report (Architectural and MEP clashes) to the client in 3D model?". They are suggesting to pass to the client the 3D Revit model file itself but I disagree with them since client could temper with the .rvt file. I informed them about the executable file by your plugin where you can give it to the client to play around in the model and the only thing lacks from that executable file is that it cannot view embedded elements inside the walls/ floors.

The feature that I am trying to say is the ability to control the transparency of the walls, floors, beams, columns etc.. Damn, I really wish you guys could add this feature as soon as possible. It would be a very huge advantage for production purposes and I'm quite sure my company will purchase this plugin immediately since they are already okay with the pricing.

• Maybe Danial is talking about getting something that looks like this revit 3d view to show in Enscape. These are colors added to types of items using colored patterns in filter templates, and the structural walls and existing items are set to 50% transparency. I would love it Enscape would recognize these.

Right now, I'm thinking of shutting their color filters off and trying to approximate them myself with new filters changing the material itself. Haven't tried it yet, and don't yet know how to get the 50% walls transparency setting to come through yet. I suppose you could temporarily choose a transparent-like screen material for walls and enscape might show it as a gray semi transparent material. Would be a nice feature for enscape to support transparency settings of Revit's filters.

• To be clear, the current Enscape view of the Revit transparent looking 3d view I shared will look like this:

We could hide a wall here and there and export the various views, then blend them together in photoshop for a nice visual. I think that was suggested already. But if you could share a .exe or web browser export with walls transparent to see specific items you want visible inside it would be handy. In an 80 floor building it would be a quick reference for where a new room or floor remodel is at. Or, where the M&E flows through each floor all the way through and viewing it all in Enscape's great viewer. In models such as this, the models may never have each items' materials set up for a render. But Enscape is still a great way to share and communicate these.