Multiple path for Asset Library

REMINDER! If you encounter any issues with Enscape (e.g. crashes, installation problems) or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Support button as detailed HERE! Thank you for your understanding.
    • Official Post

Javad Hamidi , thank you! I have more than gladly forwarded that as a feature request. If you like to elaborate briefly on why exactly this would be a great addition to you then I can also forward that as additional Feedback to our developers. :)

• ^ In a work-from-home, remote world, there are number of reasons multiple paths would be beneficial. Our default would be a network location where we would add our custom assets, but with Sketchup and Escape's cloud licensing, people don't necessarily need to be connected to our VPN to work. Or they may just want the libraries on their local drive to improve speed vs the VPN connection. Being able to specify a local path first, then a network path if the assets aren't found there would be helpful. Although that kind of gets into a need for a more robust asset tracking system in general - warnings if assets are missing, being able to package/gather scene assets, comparing the age if multiple assets are found, etc.

• Javad Hamidi , thank you! I have more than gladly forwarded that as a feature request. If you like to elaborate briefly on why exactly this would be a great addition to you then I can also forward that as additional Feedback to our developers. :)

Personally, I don't want to have all of my assets in one place because when I want to send the project to others I don't want to find each asset manually and I can put each project custom assets in its own folder and in a bigger project the management will be far easier

• Hey there,

Technically, it is very easy if you know how the offline library works.

I mean you can simply adjust the path inside the settings.json file to connect to the different offline library.

(This file is located here “%userprofile%\Documents\Enscape\Settings, you can open it with notepad)

"OfflineAssetsDirectory": {

"Value": "X:\\Main Folder\\library folder"

},

"UseOfflineAssets": {

"Value": true

},

(make sure you will use "\\" for your folder path and make sure the Value under UseOfflineAssets set to True.)

if you have several offline library, you can make several different "settings.json" file, then make several quick script to copy the different settings.json to the folder “%userprofile%\Documents\Enscape\Settings”.

Then you can change the offline library by running different scripts, PS: you will need to reopen Rhino to reload the setting file.

Hope this could give you some clue.

• Hi Demian Gutberlet

Can you add a few thumbs up on this request for myself and some of my colleagues.

Our workflow would benefit from this for the following reasons:

-We have a firmwide custom asset library that mostly includes entourage (people)
    -We have local/project specific custom assets on a per project basis (certain furniture, lighting fixtures, etc. unique to that project or project type)

We don't want to bloat the firmwide library with every projects unique needs yet we don't want each project team utilizing custom assets to lose the ability to include firmwide assets.

By default each user has access to the main firmwide repository of custom assets. Then if we could append an additional file path per project so that the users working inside that project have access to the main firmwide repository in addition to the unique assets for that project instead of an either or situation.

Best I can tell there network folders do not read shortcuts so that's not an option unless you all have a clever idea with that but it seems it would be easiest to add some form of append network path directory to the custom asset library.

Cheers and thank you!

• Official Post

mvollrath , from now on you can directly forward any Feedback of yours straight through our Enscape Public Voting Portal. Please kindly have a brief look over the instructions and from there on you can forward any input to our product managers directly. Thank you! :)

• Just came across this as I just noticed I cant path multiple Asset Libraries. Major setback unfortunately as its impossible to navigate assets within Enscape when you have hundreds of trees and furniture to sort through,

It would be great to have Enscape be able to create a Folder structure that mimics what is on the server so we can have only one location for the assets. But it would just be broken down as we need.

Tree

Chair

Sofa

People,

etc, etc

The way it is now, whenever we changed paths to access other assets ALL other assets in the previous folder disappear in Enscape.

I will also send this along to the feedback channel.