Unable to run legacy standalone exe files.

• I have been searching the forum but managed to fine anything describing any potential issues being able to open legacy exe files created in previous enscape versions. At the moment i am seeing the following

sample exe files from the website run fine and i am pretty sure i still have the same hardware as i did when the files were originally created.

Any clues as to what could be causing the issue? or maybe this is a known issue?

• Hi Joe Stott

We are aware of an issue where Standalone Executable files that are exported on a version older than Enscape 2.6 Preview 7 unfortunately can't so easily be run on a system with a newer Enscape version installed, and vice versa.

We generally recommend updating Enscape to the latest version on the machine where the Standalone Executable is being exported from.

We also recommend keeping the original CAD project files, and not just the Standalone Executable file, in cases where you do need to re-export the Standalone file.

However, for users who do receive an error message when trying to open an old Standalone Executable, one possible workaround is to perform the following process:

When you open an old Standalone Executable, a folder is created in the %Temp% folder of the respective user which will be named EnscapeStandalone_XXXXX (where XXX = string of random characters). If you get an error message when, as long as that error message is not confirmed, that folder will exist, and can be copied and saved locally, (on the machine's Desktop, so its easily found, for instance).

The Standalone's associated EnscapeClient exe file that you would click on to open the Standalone Executable can be found in that folder you copied to Desktop under the sub-folder named 'Bin64'.