Time of Day in Movie

• Why does the time of day NOT go backwards like it used to?

I often have to have my CLOCK go backwards to keep the sun in a good location for shadows...

Now, it seems, it will ONLY go forwards... so going from 5pm to 2pm will cycle thru midnight...

Obviously NOT what I wanted...

Any comments welcome...

d.

• So no one else is experiencing this?

I recall it being able to run the clock backwards in previous releases...

Would be good for me to know if it's something I'm doing or if it works this way for everyone

• Official Post

DGD-Duane , we removed this functionality because it was confusing to quite a few users, wondering why their time is all of the sudden moving backward. Based on that we have removed this option for now, but you can gladly state this is something you'd like to see added back, and I will then forward that to our product managers for further review.

Also, I know this isn't exactly straightforward, but you may perhaps make use of video editing software afterward if you wish to time-wise revert some of the exported clips.

• Demian,

Please enter this as a request for me... maybe there should also be a toggle to push the clock the forward OR backward to allow the most flexibility..

(You could also use DATES as an indicator as to whether the clock moves forward or backward)

And.. I did end up with 5 video SEGMENTS blended together in Premier to achieve it...

This is ok... but adds several hours to the effort..

Also, I prefer to see the shadows MOVE as opposed to just BEING DIFFERENT from one clip to another.

• Official Post

Completely understandable and already forwarded - Thank you DGD-Duane .

• Missing the ability to let the time go backward. And great idea to have a toggle to choose either forward or backward!

I have installed an older version now.

• Official Post

Missing the ability to let the time go backward. And great idea to have a toggle to choose either forward or backward!

I have installed an older version now.

Welcome to our Forum! I have also forwarded your Feedback of course, thank you.

• Demian Gutberlet

Just wanted to voice that I appreciate you and the rest of the Enscape staff for remaining connected to the user base here online.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!

...also.. there still is no option to select ArchiCAD 25 in our profiles!

• Official Post

DGD-Duane , happy new year, and thanks for the kind words. :)

And pardon the delay, you can now also select the latest ArchiCAD version in your user account settings!

• Not allowing the clock to move backwards is a big deal and I'm just now realizing it's gone. With 3d videos moving around a house you need to be able to go back and forth between morning sun and afternoon without going through the night hours. I'll be reverting to the last version that allows it.

• Official Post

Thank you both yiyi.z , RDS2019 , if you haven't already, please also forward any feedback of yours to product management itself directly through our voting portal. We appreciate all the input we can get.

• I have this same issue... draws unwanted attention from clients asking why's it flash to night all the time. I reverted back to 2.9 as this isn't effected by the issue and imo, has a much quicker and easier to use video editor.

UX/UI design is serioursly lacking behind modern standards in Enscape.

• Can someone @ Enscape please explain why this issues has been neglected for almost a year!

There's about 7 releases since the issue has been pointed out, but not any actual response from Chaos/Enscape.

Sorry Not Sorry for the shouting, but WE NEED THIS!

We have a large project, which we started working on quite some time ago.

While nearing the production phase of the project we need to have updated renderings (stills & video).

Materials are being finalised so our customer needs instant feedback on this.

The only solution given would be to revert back to the (much) older version 2.9.

While we currently work in Archicad 25, reverting back to that version is not an option as it doesn't support AC25!

And what about all the new assets that have since appeared (and have been used in the project)?!

As mentioned above, the feature has been removed, not for being a bad one, but for being confusing in usage.

So instead of removing the feature altogether, the user interface should have been improved.

Can we please start working on this?

What about having an option in the settings: Enable backward timing for sun

Or even better, including a date-field in the Keyframe options.

In doing so, one can easily choose a time earlier in that same day, whereby Enscape won't have to cycle through the night to get an earlier sun position.

Kind regards,

Johan

• I'd also like to request this function is returned and the interface improved if necessary PLEASE.

It does not work having to run through all night time hours when moving from afternoon to morning shots. Sometimes having afternoon shots first, followed by morning is essential, and the removal of this feature making this impossible.

Thank you.

• Official Post

I'd also like to request this function is returned and the interface improved if necessary PLEASE.

It does not work having to run through all night time hours when moving from afternoon to morning shots. Sometimes having afternoon shots first, followed by morning is essential, and the removal of this feature making this impossible.

Thank you.

Welcome to our Forum.

Please make sure that you forward your feedback (you can simply copy what you shared here) with product management as well using our dedicated portal:

Enscape Public Voting Portal (How to forward/upvote Feature/Asset Requests directly) - News & FAQ - Enscape Community Forum

This way they'll be able to track the further demand for this, through your voice directly.

• While we're at it, is there any way to display TIME OF DAY on a movie created in enscape? Trying to do sun studies and it would help if the end view could see the time of day in the movie...

I just spent an hour calculating and placing TITLE TEXTS in premiere to add this info...

• DGD-Duane How about this for an idea, I’ve only just thought of it so it may be a bit …. Poo.

Make/find a sundial model and place it in your model aligned north but have it off camera.

Make a second video using the same time settings looking straight down on the dial.

Composite the 2 videos in Premiere.

Without Enscape introducing updates to the video editor (ha!) you’re not going to get timestamps any time soon so it might be worth giving the above a go.