Vive Focus 3 VR Controls

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • I am attempting to use Enscape with the Vive Focus 3, and having issues with the controls. I would expect the Left and Right joysticks to control movement and elevation, as is typical on other devices, but they are inactive. Instead, the inside triggers seem to be mapped to these controls, which does not really work. Is it possible for the movement and elevation controls to be mapped to the joysticks?

Thank you.

• Official Post

Hey dfersh - At least from Enscape's side it's not yet possible to remap the VR controller layout. I will forward your inquiry to our developers as well though to see if this is something we may be able to add in the future. It may not be ideal but you could perhaps also use an Xbox 360 / One controller to navigate the scene this way when it comes to simple movements without teleporting and such.

• Thanks for the response Demian Gutberlet - I always prefer to have users teleport through a scene, and I don't think it would be realistic to hand an Xbox controller to a client for use. I have used several other VR devices, and the controller interface is always pretty intuitive. Unfortunately for the Vive Focus 3, the controls simply do not work. The inside trigger does not allow for any directional movement, which would be required to move around in fly mode. To clarify, I do not want to customize controls, I just want the controls to be functional for the Focus 3.

• Official Post

I fully understand dfersh , I will forward your feedback to our developers to see what could be done about this.

• I am attempting to use Enscape with the Vive Focus 3, and having issues with the controls. I would expect the Left and Right joysticks to control movement and elevation, as is typical on other devices, but they are inactive. Instead, the inside triggers seem to be mapped to these controls, which does not really work. Is it possible for the movement and elevation controls to be mapped to the joysticks?

Thank you.

Off topic a bit but.... How does the Focus 3 seems to work Enscape? We do high end custom homes, curious how the performance is. Currently using the Vive Pro 2.

• dfersh - any further testing on the control issue with the Focus 3? I am looking at VR options, with the portability of the Focus 3 being a major plus, but I don't want to sacrifice ease of use and model navigation for the sake of portability only. Also, would you mind sharing a few quick points on the model set-up/workflow you followed to view in the Focus? Thanks.