Animation

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • Testing animation with a model i just made in SketchUp. Is there a way to set up a ¨Round Table¨animation in Enscape?

Tried to set up kind of spin around model but difficult to make a steady animation. I miss a shadowcatcher option in the white Background mode. would be great for product visualisation.

It would also be nice to adjust timing in timeline by dragging the the arrows to even space/the time between cameras

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BTW; -Exporttime is great!! (last preview)

• Official Post

Testing animation with a model i just made in SketchUp. Is there a way to set up a ¨Round Table¨animation in Enscape?

I'm afraid, this is currently not possible, but you found a nice workaround. Is this something you'd like to see implemented into Enscape? :)

I miss a shadowcatcher option in the white Background mode. would be great for product visualisation.

With "shadowcatcher option", you're referring to something similar like a white room/stage, where shadows of the object would be cast on the ground?

A little turntable animation tool for Enscape would be great, some other render engines provide this feature too and I used it in the past a few times.

Animations is a topic already on our agenda so your voice added a further upvote. Should we implement this functionality, we can also think about implementing something like the mentioned turntable animation tool - your wish has been noted in the existing topic as well. :) Thanks for the feedback!

I'm afraid, this is currently not possible, but you found a nice workaround. Is this something you'd like to see implemented into Enscape? :)

Sometimes a steady round path is desirable and as said, other renderingsofware has it.

Useful like the steady path in the animations ouside and inside house in Enscape promo video

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

With "shadowcatcher option", you're referring to something similar like a white room/stage, where shadows of the object would be cast on the ground?

Yes please. Productdesigners would love it.

• With "shadowcatcher option", you're referring to something similar like a white room/stage, where shadows of the object would be cast on the ground?

A good shadow catcher work's with every background. I have seen a nice, easy solution at Keyshot. The shadow catcher creates a transparent shadow and if the image is saved, it can be overlayed over a background photo like wanted.

Here a new test per Vray. So, it looks at Rhino:

Attached the results from Vray and Octane - PNG with alpha.

If the user would use a spherical panorama than he could see the RhinoDino placed in the pano (in Enscape in real time). I was impressed as I have seen this simple usage of the shadow catcher at Keyshot some years before. Here a screenshot from VfR2 RT. I can move the camera around and see the Dino with shadow placed in the pano in RT. Should be also possible per Enscape.

• Official Post

Sometimes a steady round path is desirable and as said, other renderingsofware has it.

Useful like the steady path in the animations ouside and inside house in Enscape promo video

Got you, I've filed it as a feature request accordingly. :)

Further, Micha and Epix 3D , your second request to implement a Shadow Catcher functionality has been filed as well. Thank you both for the detailed feedback!

• :thumbup::thumbup: this shadowcatcher thing is really worth considering. Yes, for product visuals as well as for a lot of standard projects.

Shaderlight for example activates its 0 level as a Shadowcatcher in the moment you switch on the shadows within SkUp.
    It's also worth considering separating the used lighting environment from the visible background environment which gives you incredibly simple and fast scene options - e.g. when you look through a window into the desired background environment instead into the used for lighting blue HDRI sky... a very simple and practical concept I think.
    The turntable idea is great - i didn't need it so far but this great model above deserves that <3 (**)
    ** by the way - in some renderers (like ArtLantis) there is the reversal option to vr-panorame which is called vr-object which allows you to view your object interactively from the outside in a range of tilt and turn angles described by you - which would also be a wonderful option sometime in the future ;)

• ** by the way - in some renderers (like ArtLantis) there is the reversal option to vr-panorame which is called vr-object which allows you to view your object interactively from the outside in a range of tilt and turn angles described by you - which would also be a wonderful option sometime in the future

I used it this technic at Rhino|Vray since a few years. It allow to create full quality turntable animations for web sides or presentations. The final user don't need a good hardware and the final presentation of a complex model don't need much memory. Finally I used Object2VR to create the mov/swf files.

(There are two ways to create object turntables - (a) turning the camera around, also at several heights or (b) turning the object. I think, (b) turning the object create a more beautiful result, since the lighting on the different parts of the object is changing, Also, the light setup can be optimized and stays constant in relation to the camera (f.ex. main light from right, fill light from left, key light from back).)

• Official Post

Don't think I've added my voice to this, but just had a recent project where an inverse panorama (turntable) would have been really useful.

Sure, I've added your vote to the topic! :)

• Found this little PlugIn which helps with turntable animations in SketchUp/Enscape

• Unfortunately the plugin above seems not compatible with SK2019.

Recently I had to do a very long and complicated camerapath including half turntable shots and with the ability to change sections later. My expierience is that if you try to do that in Enscape it is very difficult to change later without disturbing the flow.

I was able to 'solve' it using this tool http://www.smustard.com/script/FlightPath2. It costs 7USD. Kind of a hassle but hey 'if it is stupid but it works, it is not stupid.

1. You setup the camerapath in SK with lines and curves (and save a copy just in case).

2. You divide the straight lines into a number of sections (with rightclick divide). Then weld them together again with another plugin. This way you have one line consisting of multiple sections (just like the curves have default).

3. Select each line/curve and with right click using the flightpath2 plugin you can convert each step of the line/curve into a 'scene'. You can choose also what the camera has to look at during the steps. So for example you can do a halve cirle around an object and choose the object as focus point. Or you could choose to point the camera at the next step in line/curve.

4. Link the camera of Enscape to SK and go through each scene in SK and then record a camera point in Enscape. Save the camera path and voila.

5. To make a change redo the relevant section. Save the camerapath. Open it in a texteditor and substitute the new camera points into the overall file. Just makes sure the numbering stays correct. You can change that manually. Make sure to also check the total amount of points at the top of the textfile.

Totaly not efficient but at least I was able to achieve consistent results and make changes later. Enscape should allow camera movements to follow a path drawn in SK and also the ability to define 'lookat' objects during the flythrough.