Enscape 3.2 3dconnexion Spacemouse Issues

Whenever you encounter any issues with Enscape or your subscription please reach out to our dedicated support team directly through the Help Center or by using the Feedback button as detailed here.
  • For the umpteenth time I am going to report problems with 3dconnexion peripherals. From preview 7 onwards I had written about the problem with the inability to fix the horizon in the Enscape screen which made it very difficult to manage the 3d movement while returning to the SketchUp screen everything worked fine. The thing got worse with previews 8 and 9, in practice there remained the problem of the annoying lateral rotation with the impossibility of fixing the horizon even if from the 3dconnexion control panel the block was activated with the addition that returning to the SketchUp screen the SpaceMouse no longer worked !! Today I confirm the problem also in version 3.2.0 +62705 !!! I stay with preview 6, the last one working. I await a solution to the problem soon !!!!!!!

• Official Post

Hi 4interiors ,

sorry to hear you're having issues with the updated space mouse integration. The lock horizon setting should definitely work with Enscape. Can you confirm that it is enabled like in the screenshot when the Enscape renderer window is open?

Unfortunately, after updating the 3dConnexion SDK we had stability issues when switching between the SketchUp viewport and the Enscape render window.

However you can control if either Enscape or SketchUp are using the space mouse in our input settings ("Enable SpaceMouse"):

Hope that helps!

• Hi 4interiors ,

sorry to hear you're having issues with the updated space mouse integration. The lock horizon setting should definitely work with Enscape. Can you confirm that it is enabled like in the screenshot when the Enscape renderer window is open?

Unfortunately, after updating the 3dConnexion SDK we had stability issues when switching between the SketchUp viewport and the Enscape render window.

However you can control if either Enscape or SketchUp are using the space mouse in our input settings ("Enable SpaceMouse"):

Hope that helps!

I reinstalled version 3.2.0 + 62705, started SketchUp, activated 3DxSketchUp from extension manager, locked horizon from 3Dconnexion menu and in fact it now works in Enscape too. Unfortunately, however, when I return to the SketchUp screen, the SpaceMouse no longer works while it continues to work in Enscape. Also I noticed that the 3Dconnexion Enterprise display in preview 6 changes from SketchUp icons to Windows icons (in Enscape) and everything works fine, while in the latest versions the SketchUp icons always remain when switching from SU to Enscape and the spacemouse no longer works either. deactivating and reactivating it also by unplugging and reattaching the USB plug

forum.enscape3d.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/31868/

• It also doesn't stay upright. You can now roll over and end up upside down which makes it incredibly hard to control. The walk mode also disengages as soon as you move try to move with the space mouse. This all worked perfectly in all the previous versions.

• Official Post

Hi,

we've updated the SpaceMouse integration for 3.2 to support all the features of the current 3DConnexion drivers. Please make sure you have the latest drivers installed:

You can now control the camera movement behavior directly in the driver settings. It sounds like you'd want to switch between 'Object Mode' and 'Camera Mode' to get the desired behavior: Object mode behaves as if you were manipulating your scene with the space mouse on a fixed view. Camera mode behaves as if you were directly controlling the camera movement with the space mouse.

Make also sure that the 'Lock Horizon' checkbox is checked to always keep the camera upright.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks Clemens,

I've installed the latest driver and see the functions you are referring to. After some experimentation, I've gotten it to work for all the issues bar one; It's still impossible to stay in walk mode; it disengages as soon as you rotate or try to move.

• Official Post

Unfortunately this is a unavoidable side effect of the new driver side integration right now, see also:

RE: Spacemouse & walking mode (3.2.0 preview7)

• Thanks for the tips. A nasty shock when first starting with the Spacemouse controls all over the place. Very fortunate that I tried it out before a client presentation first thing in the morning :)

Default lighting is so much better now and that also helps for client presentations.

Very nice, thank you8)

• That's a real shame. Being able to glide through the interior of a house, up and down stairs, with the 3D mouse was night and day over using the mouse and keyboard. It gave presentations a real professional touch. This is a big back step. Can I ask what the reason was to change? This worked perfectly before. There was no need to change any settings apart from toggling the invert box to match up to your preference.

• That's a real shame. Being able to glide through the interior of a house, up and down stairs, with the 3D mouse was night and day over using the mouse and keyboard. It gave presentations a real professional touch. This is a big back step. Can I ask what the reason was to change? This worked perfectly before. There was no need to change any settings apart from toggling the invert box to match up to your preference.

+1

• Another client presentation this morning so I uninstalled Enscape 3.2 and reinstalled 3.1 but the 3dConnexions spacemouse driver seems to have been corrupted by using it with 3.2 as it would not work properly with 3.1 until I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it.

Thankfully, got it working just in time for the presentation.

It isn't clear whether it's the Spacemouse driver or Enscape 3.2 that is the problem but something between them doesn't seem to be working quite right.

• 3DConnexion have been notorious for abandoning hardware and changing driver functionality without warning over the years.

I’ve got a space pilot and a space mouse somewhere, both perfectly functional but abandoned by 3DC and now nothing but paperweights.

If I was a betting man I’d happily put money on it being 3DC’s driver functionality (or lack of) rather than Enscape being at fault here.

• Not having walk mode is a problem. But I am having a larger issue. My Spacemouse will not switch out of object mode. When I change the navigation mode to camera mode there is no change. I end up just doing barrel rolls through my model. Is anyone else having this issue? It was working fine last week. My Spacemouse Drivers and Enscape are up to date.

I just purchased a new Enscape license this morning only to find out I can no longer navigate. So, I am pretty disappointed.

• I tried an uninstall and reinstall on both the SpaceMouse and Enscape. I played with all of the settings. things like disabling rotation worked. But changing the Navigation mode or locking the horizon had no affect. I ended up installing an older Enscape to fix the problem. It is a shame because I really wanted to try out the new Batch Panorama Renders. But, not worth it if I cannot navigate with my SpaceMouse.

I am curious. Does anyone use Object Mode in Enscape? It seems like Camera Mode should be default. It would be a lot more usable out of the box.

I have a suggestion. Add an option in the Enscape settings to disable the dedicated Enscape driver. That way it would give you the old behavior until all of the bugs are ironed out.

I am having the same issue. I can almost control it with object mode and the horizon locked.. it will work as expected then will switch from rotating to zooming when I rotate the dial. This is a dealbreaker for me. I will have to go back the space mouse is too important to my workflow.